+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone recently applied for study permit from inside canada

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
Bassquiat said:
Hello guys,

I'm planning to send my application online next week for study permit. My vistory visa expires on January 2017, do I need to send my passport? I have read that we have to scan the passport information, on the other hand, someone told me that perhaps I will need a previous english curse here in Canada, is that true?

Thanks for answering! And good luck!
As a visitor..

-Here is what I learned from one of the immigration consultants: if you take a language short term course first(I am not sure but probably one that won't need a study permit) , you can apply online in Canada. Then you don't need to sent your passport when you submit your application until cic ask for it. It costs more time and money, bust the application checklist is short and easy.

-If you don't wish to take language course and you have already had a college or university offer, you must sent your PAPER application to LA USA, and your passport needs to be send with your package together. It costs less money and time, but the application checklist is long and complicated. This is what I did.

Bassquiat

Sep 16, 2016
But you SENT your application to LA With your physical passport on it? So, you stayed in CANADA without passport meantime that government answered to you?

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
Bassquiat said:
But you SENT your application to LA With your physical passport on it? So, you stayed in CANADA without passport meantime that government answered to you?
Yes I did sent my original passport to them and it won't be a problem. It is called implied status when you are waiting for your application decision from Cic, and you can stay in Canada with your visitor visa legally. Even though your visitor visa expires during the process you will be on an implied status until your study permits decision arrives.

cookiepao

Aug 20, 2016
Hello, I just want to ask a question. Is the Student Permit different from the Student Visa? Also, what is the most efficient way to apply? Online or through Paper?

If a tourist is applying from within Canada (for the Study Permit/Student Visa), when it gets approved, do you have yo exit Canada then re-enter?

Thank you.

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
cookiepao said:
Hello, I just want to ask a question. Is the Student Permit different from the Student Visa? Also, what is the most efficient way to apply? Online or through Paper?

If a tourist is applying from within Canada (for the Study Permit/Student Visa), when it gets approved, do you have yo exit Canada then re-enter?

Thank you.
I am not sure about student visa... I am assuming they r the same. But you will get a temporary resident visa when you have your study permit approved. Then you need to exit and re-entry to Canada to get the study permit from the border.

If you r going to take full time academic course in a college or university, you have to apply on paper, it takes 4 weeks to process if you sent it to LA USA.

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Hello,

My relative applied for study permit within Canada and no approval letter received yet, but here is the update from the tracking. "Your current application status is Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC

Track Another Application. Does this mean that the visa has been denied.

Thanks

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Hi,
It is me again. I am aware that we will know the decision until we get the passport; but I have seen some people here that get approval letters and we did not get any. So my other question is, is there a chance that they did not send us the email because it is a decline.

Thanks

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Alice100 said:
Hi,
It is me again. I am aware that we will know the decision until we get the passport; but I have seen some people here that get approval letters and we did not get any. So my other question is, is there a chance that they did not send us the email because it is a decline.

Thanks
Hi Alice100,

Did you do a medical exam?

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Yes, medicals were done a week before we applied for a study permit.

We applied online and I have tried several times but unsuccessful to link this application online so that I can get real time updates. I had assumed that they will be communicating to me when the visa is completed and the fact that we did not receive any email makes me think that visa was denied.