+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone received RQ and got their oath?

wanderfall

Jan 19, 2015
I think getting a RQ is pretty much done man...

I applied 3 months ahead of my brother and he just got his oath...

I on the other hand, heard nothing since my test from Jan/15/2015.. (I received RQ 6 months before my test).

Should I op out and re-apply? What should I expect next? An oath letter which I deserve ( I probably pay more tax than most citizens and the tax season is coming)or meeting a judge for a meeting?

Thanks. Also, I bought some citizenship test before, pm me your email and I can send them to you if any help.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest be patient. you have gone through a long journey and you are almost at the end. let the process take its remaining time, rather than re-starting from the beginging again. i dont think that the new wait will be worth the effort.

btw, where did you get the test from ? i mean which web site?

good luck and cheers

cecapplied

wanderfall said:

I on the other hand, heard nothing since my test from Jan/15/2015.. (I received RQ 6 months before my test).

Should I op out and re-apply? What should I expect next? An oath letter which I deserve ( I probably pay more tax than most citizens and the tax season is coming)or meeting a judge for a meeting?

Thanks. Also, I bought some citizenship test before, pm me your email and I can send them to you if any help.

prettymaryk

Sep 7, 2014
Do not waste money on a citizenship test! There are many free sample test websites which are more than enough. Citizenship Counts is a good one. APNA Toronto also has a few good sample tests. Just practice and you will be fine.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
wanderfall said:

I just got my oath it's happening this Monday. I applied in December 2011 and received an RQ in March of 2012. Since you got your RQ in 2014 you should start worrying until at least 2016.

wanderfall

Jan 19, 2015
mathlete said:
I just got my oath it's happening this Monday. I applied in December 2011 and received an RQ in March of 2012. Since you got your RQ in 2014 you should start worrying until at least 2016.
yup this shit is messed.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't deny that it's messed up, but the timing of RQ processing now is very different than for those of us who applied in 2011.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, from what I understand, they will not schedule a test if they haven't processed the RQ. So, my guess is that wanderfall's application is back on the main track. No promises of course, but this is far from the time to throw in the towel.

mathlete

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
eileenf said:
Also, from what I understand, they will not schedule a test if they haven't processed the RQ. So, my guess is that wanderfall's application is back on the main track. No promises of course, but this is far from the time to throw in the towel.
I'm not sure that is true. My interviewer basically told me my RQ wasn't fully accessed. It makes sense since I was tested in June 2014 and only got my oath in March of 2015.

wanderfall

Jan 19, 2015
Well,
I just had a beer with my friends' friend who worked in the immigration, but not for citizenship specifically
I asked him cases like mine what I should expect,
he said it varies, but he will bet that I would hear something back (not necessary oath) from them in 6 month from the test, this is assuming that i did my rq before test.

He recommend me to call them once in a while (it's free anyway) to bug them a bit or to see any updates.

I told him it's totally useless crap he told me and he said "well, then vote green party, see if they can come up something"

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
mathlete said:
I'm not sure that is true. My interviewer basically told me my RQ wasn't fully accessed. It makes sense since I was tested in June 2014 and only got my oath in March of 2015.
As per new routine model of assessing applications from August 2014, they are reviewing applications faster. Previously submitted applications may still go through old routine (slow processing)

Here is the link:

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?crtr.sj1D=&crtr.mnthndVl=12&mthd=advSrch&crtr.dpt1D=6664&nid=872619&crtr.lc1D=&crtr.tp1D=930&crtr.yrStrtVl=2008&crtr.kw=&crtr.dyStrtVl=1&crtr.aud1D=&crtr.mnthStrtVl=1&crtr.page=2&crtr.yrndVl=2014&crtr.dyndVl=31&_ga=1.56710126.577577525.1427001984