+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone received RQ and got their oath?

wanderfall

Jan 19, 2015
I think getting a RQ is pretty much done man...

I applied 3 months ahead of my brother and he just got his oath...

I on the other hand, heard nothing since my test from Jan/15/2015.. (I received RQ 6 months before my test).

Should I op out and re-apply? What should I expect next? An oath letter which I deserve ( I probably pay more tax than most citizens and the tax season is coming)or meeting a judge for a meeting?

Thanks. Also, I bought some citizenship test before, pm me your email and I can send them to you if any help.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is your timeline? I completed my test in Oct 2014 and still nothing. So Jan 2015 test I will not sweat for another 6 to 9 months

wanderfall

Jan 19, 2015
2014 March-Application received
2014 July- RQ Received
2014 August-RQ Sent
2015 Jan-Test

My timeline... yeah that's what the CIC said. I really don't know what to expect next from these immigration officers that was probably funded by part of my tax

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your timeline is very similar to mine. Except that your test was delayed by 2 months than that of mine. If we keep in touch we can update each other. I ordered ATIP last month and found out that my file is in St.Clair office since 10/27/2014. I would suggest you also ask for ATIP and see whats there on it.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assuming that you completed your 1095+ days in Canada before your application, it would be silly to give up now. You would be giving up right before the finish line. Only 8 weeks after the test and a year after you applied. Check the average processing times. Are you above them? What did the officer at the test say regarding when to expect an invite to the oath? Are you beyond that time period?

I'm pretty sure the answer is a big no for both questions, so there's not much reason to decide that there's a problem that can only be solved by giving up.

Your file seems to have moved forward from the RQ since you did the test and interview. That is good news. If you really feel hopeless for whatever reason, you need to get more information rather than deciding there's a problem without evidence. Order your ATIP. If it looks like you've been referred to a citizenship hearing, contact your MP to verify.

BTW. I got an RQ and I am now a citizen. Tens of thousands of RQ recipients have since become citizens. I know that the RQ sucks, and I know it sucks to see people who applied months or, um, years, after you get their citizenship first, but you've gotta buck up. Before deciding that everything is hopeless and giving up, make sure you have better information.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long after the RQ do you recommend to contact MP or request an ATIP report?

wanderfall

Jan 19, 2015
Let's go through the logic here:

Option A:
Stay in the current application, can take up to 3 years.

Option B:
Re-apply, I didn't go out of the country as often as 3 years ago, there is a good chance that it may be shorter.

wanderfall

Jan 19, 2015
chikloo said:
Your timeline is very similar to mine. Except that your test was delayed by 2 months than that of mine. If we keep in touch we can update each other. I ordered ATIP last month and found out that my file is in St.Clair office since 10/27/2014. I would suggest you also ask for ATIP and see whats there on it.
How do you request an ATIP? I also wrote my test in scarborough.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanderfall said:
2014 March-Application received
2014 July- RQ Received
2014 August-RQ Sent
2015 Jan-Test

My timeline... yeah that's what the CIC said. I really don't know what to expect next from these immigration officers that was probably funded by part of my tax
call CIC and ask them when is the date your file is approved by the judge, from that date wait for between 2-3 months ;o) goodluck

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanderfall said:
Let's go through the logic here:

Option A:
Stay in the current application, can take up to 3 years.

Option B:
Re-apply, I didn't go out of the country as often as 3 years ago, there is a good chance that it may be shorter.
I agree that there is a chance option one can take 3 years. But the way CIC has projected themselves to clear the backlog they will be doing it by Spring 2016. Even if they miss spring 2016. They should be able to clear it before end of 2016. From 2013 December they have started clearing 7500 backlogs a month on average. I think it should only improve and will not decrease. The calculation shows that they can clear the backlog with the same inflow by end of 2016 for sure.

If you take option 2 there is an optimistic chance that you can get a citizenship within 7-10 months. As the murphy's law states anything can go wrong will go wrong. So if you are again RQd now your case is again in backlog list that too at the end of the line. Same hassle of collecting documents for a different 4 year period.

RQ is not only based on your travel. They may have given you for vey many reasons. So as eileenf suggest sit tight relax and may be put this out of your mind for another 6 to 9 months. Then revisit it. Im trying to do that but want to be close to this forum which makes it difficult.
My friends have been telling me that the more you look forward for something the slower you get it. I do not agree with that logic as it as no scientific proof but psychologically you are not yearning for it anymore so the anxiety is avoided.

Hope this helps.

So my suggestion is also not withdraw and re-apply as it may not give you the desired outcome.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanderfall, I am another one who has similar to yours and chikloo's timeline :)

I called CIC and confirmed that our RQ is in St Clair since Feb 9th, 2015.
I also ordered ATIP a few days ago and waiting on it, that takes around 30 to 35 days to get.
As others suggested already I would suggest you to order ATIP and see where your application is.
Good luck.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
How long after the RQ do you recommend to contact MP or request an ATIP report?
Lena,
at least 6 months. Order ATIP first and see where appl. is.
Have you called CIC? What did they say?

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The lady said it's going to be a long frustrating wait!!! The only thing she said was that they have received my documents.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From my timeline you can see that I got the RQ before test in July , replied in August and got test invite only in January next year (we are in Scarborough).

So, taking into account that your appl. is in one of the slowest offices (Edmonton) I would think about 5-6 months at least wait period before you hear anything from them. I would suggest to order ATIP in 3 months from now to see where they are with the RQ review.
Good luck.