+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone receive PT without registration or certification of regulated occupation?

5amsjm

Apr 8, 2015
I found this in Q/A. Could this be the reason that some of us cannot receive the P/T? Also the following question is should we continue to apply for it since they have such requirement?

6. To qualify for Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program, do I need to obtain proper registration or trade certification if my occupation or skilled trade is regulated or requires certification in Ontario?
Yes. In order to qualify for Opportunities Ontario, you must obtain the proper registration or trade certification if your intended occupation is regulated or requires certification in Ontario. There are many regulated professions and trades in Ontario. For information on these occupations, please visit our Useful Web Links section.

Please note that for some skilled trades, certification may either be voluntary or mandatory. Opportunities Ontario will only require you to obtain certification if your skilled trade requires mandatory certification. To determine if your skilled trade requires mandatory or voluntary certification, please visit the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities website.

I am in NOC 2132 Mechanical Enginner. And now i'm thinking changing it to 2232 Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians. Anyone knows if 2232 needs mandatory certification?
Thanks!

stephiesob

Dec 18, 2014
Hey I did. NOC 3112 family physician. Not in Canada either. The Q n A above doesn't apply to the current OOPNP human capital priority stream selection process. Limit yourself to the application guide and other info specifically related to the Human capital priority stream.

5amsjm

Apr 8, 2015
stephiesob said:
Hey I did. NOC 3112 family physician. Not in Canada either. The Q n A above doesn't apply to the current OOPNP human capital priority stream selection process. Limit yourself to the application guide and other info specifically related to the Human capital priority stream.
Great! That sounds reasonable. Thanks a lot for your comment.