+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone need info on sponsorship for Sponsorship.

srkarthik

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 16th 2013 / Received on Dec 18 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 23th 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 27th 2014 (SA Approval)
Passport Req..
we didnt get, however we sent (risky)
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20th 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 5th 2014
Hi All,

I just applied today for Family sponsorship to my wife and kid.
Outside - Category.

If anyone has any queries, you can post or message me.

Cheers !
Good luck to all

srkarthik

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 16th 2013 / Received on Dec 18 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 23th 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 27th 2014 (SA Approval)
Passport Req..
we didnt get, however we sent (risky)
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20th 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 5th 2014
kmishal said:
Where you are based, Canada?
Yes, at present I am in Canada and my family is in India.
i have sponsored my spouse and for my kid.

jay10

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Hi,

I will be landing in Canada on 10th January 2014 to complete my formal landing as a permanent resident and will also start a new professional job the following week. How long (minimum day/month of residence) am I expected to stay in Canada before I can sponsor my family (wife and 3 kids). Please note that I did not include them as part of my initial application but they were medical examined as part of my application (June 2013).

I am hoping that the current medical results (due to expire in June 2014) could be taken into account during their application process, assuming I apply to sponsor them straight after landing (say end of February 2014). All of them are currently British citizens, and I've been told it might be possible for them to apply within Canada if they come over as tourist under their British passports? Is this true? and if true, would my wife be entitled to work whilst the in-country application is in progress.

Please guide me.

Thanks

Jay

srkarthik said:
Hi All,

Outside - Category.

Cheers !
Good luck to all

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
jay10 said:
Hi,

I will be landing in Canada on 10th January 2014 to complete my formal landing as a permanent resident and will also start a new professional job the following week. How long (minimum day/month of residence) am I expected to stay in Canada before I can sponsor my family (wife and 3 kids). Please note that I did not include them as part of my initial application but they were medical examined as part of my application (June 2013).

I am hoping that the current medical results (due to expire in June 2014) could be taken into account during their application process, assuming I apply to sponsor them straight after landing (say end of February 2014). All of them are currently British citizens, and I've been told it might be possible for them to apply within Canada if they come over as tourist under their British passports? Is this true? and if true, would my wife be entitled to work whilst the in-country application is in progress.

Please guide me.

Thanks

Jay

You can apply immediately after "landing". There is no wait period. The medical examination results will expire long before PR is granted. CIC might extend them for another 12 months, but it's not guaranteed. If they are British citizens, you would be insane doing an inland application. The whole application if done outland will probably be completed long before an inland application even got to AIP.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jay10 said:
Please note that I did not include them as part of my initial application but they were medical examined as part of my application (June 2013).

All of them are currently British citizens, and I've been told it might be possible for them to apply within Canada if they come over as tourist under their British passports? Is this true? and if true, would my wife be entitled to work whilst the in-country application is in progress.
Hi

May I ask why you did not include your family as accompanying on your application?

As zardoz said above, an inland application is not a good choice for sponsoring British citizens. Outland through London would be much faster. As they are visa-exempt, they can come to Canada as visitors while the outland app processes. Your wife would not be able to work until she becomes a PR.

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
srkarthik said:
Hi All,

Outside - Category.

Cheers !
Good luck to all
Thats why they have this forum

jay10

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

May I ask why you did not include your family as accompanying on your application?

As zardoz said above, an inland application is not a good choice for sponsoring British citizens. Outland through London would be much faster. As they are visa-exempt, they can come to Canada as visitors while the outland app processes. Your wife would not be able to work until she becomes a PR.

Things were rough/hard at the time of my application, but now it's all over and happily settled. Thanks for your advise. Will go for outland application. If they come as visitors, can the kids start school in Canada whilst the application is is been processed.

jay10

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
zardoz said:
You can apply immediately after "landing". There is no wait period. The medical examination results will expire long before PR is granted. CIC might extend them for another 12 months, but it's not guaranteed. If they are British citizens, you would be insane doing an inland application. The whole application if done outland will probably be completed long before an inland application even got to AIP.
Thank you.

nana1

Dec 20, 2013
Hi, I need information about how to sponsorship my brother to winnipeg, I don't know where to begin.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nana1 said:
Hi, I need information about how to sponsorship my brother to winnipeg, I don't know where to begin.
Thanks
Do you have any family in Canada (spouse, children, parents, aunts, uncles)? Are your parents still alive?

nana1

Dec 20, 2013
Hi, thanks for your reply, I am in Winnipeg and my brother outside canada, I would like to bring him here.