+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone moved out of Alberta

JPMC

Aug 27, 2009
Things are tough here in Alberta. Absolutely no jobs in Alberta all the postings that are coming out are based in Ontario and Quebec. No wonder Alberta stopped giving nominations. I am getting some response from Ontario Employers. Is there any PNPs who moved out of province?

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JPMC said:
Things are tough here in Alberta. Absolutely no jobs in Alberta all the postings that are coming out are based in Ontario and Quebec. No wonder Alberta stopped giving nominations. I am getting some response from Ontario Employers. Is there any PNPs who moved out of province?
This is a great topic to start! I will thank you for this as it concerns our future in Alberta. I think while a person can do landing process in Toronto and get his SIN in toronto (Like one who posted few days ago who also did AVR and came back with his rental car in Detroit MI) so working intially other than in AB should not be a issue. But make sure that you make your base in Alberta like when you buy house or do some business later, that should be in AB. Keep a Alberta address as your base.
JPMC: are you in Alberta?

jumong

Star Member
Oct 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
march 24 2010
Med's Request
May 20 2010/ june 6 recv
Med's Done....
June 18 2010/june 28 forwarded
Passport Req..
October 6 2010/ October 11 forwarded
VISA ISSUED...
dec 17 2010...valid till june 16 2011
hey is that true that Alberta stop giving nominations? My God.I had my AINP employer Driven stream application for my family, i submitted it last April 29 2009 till now i haven`t receive any replies. enlighten me.

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
I understand that we are given a PR for Canada, not Alberta, though we say on our application we intend to settle in Alberta. But if we dont have a job in a few months are get some promising leads in other provinces; would it jeopardize our PR status if we moved out?

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
venky321 said:
I understand that we are given a PR for Canada, not Alberta, though we say on our application we intend to settle in Alberta. But if we dont have a job in a few months are get some promising leads in other provinces; would it jeopardize our PR status if we moved out?
You can land and settle anywhere in Canada ... you have all rights that normal Candian Pr holder has...
you are a Canada PR not a alberta PR....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you apply for AINP, you sign a document stating that you intend to settle in Alberta. Theoretically it is possible that if you didn't land in AB and never went to AB or that you landed in AB but left right away that they could go after you and say you lied on your application and therefore should lose your PR. To my knowledge, this has not happened to anybody or at least not yet that I have heard of but there is a possibility that it could. If I was applying to AINP, I would make sure to cover my behind by at least landing in AB and staying a couple of months looking for jobs. If you can't find a job in AB, nobody will fault you for leaving.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Leon said:
When you apply for AINP, you sign a document stating that you intend to settle in Alberta. Theoretically it is possible that if you didn't land in AB and never went to AB or that you landed in AB but left right away that they could go after you and say you lied on your application and therefore should lose your PR. To my knowledge, this has not happened to anybody or at least not yet that I have heard of but there is a possibility that it could. If I was applying to AINP, I would make sure to cover my behind by at least landing in AB and staying a couple of months looking for jobs. If you can't find a job in AB, nobody will fault you for leaving.
i have asked that specific question to Alberta hotline several times.... what happens if applicant cant
land or reside for several reasons.... they have categorically said that they wish applicant to land
in alberta to ensure maximum success of program... but technically cant influence applicant/PR holders decisions...

C

cchabert

JPMC said:
Can you be more specific about "No Jobs in Alberta?" or No jobs in your area?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainpdude said:
i have asked that specific question to Alberta hotline several times.... what happens if applicant cant
land or reside for several reasons.... they have categorically said that they wish applicant to land
in alberta to ensure maximum success of program... but technically cant influence applicant/PR holders decisions...
That's the other thing. If they find they can't do anything to people who leave and they find that a large percentage of their H1B people are using AINP as a ticket to Canada with no intentions of staying in AB, they may just scratch this program alltogether.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
They provide you a form which you have to fax to your Nomination officer after landing. In this form landed immigrant will provide his/her address in Alberta Canada. It is exactly like SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) where once you arrive in US you mention your current address. They may use the same address for future correspondence. Bottomline is that people needs to understand the meaning of term "settlement" or just "working". One should always intend to settle in Alberta as a beneficiary of AINP program but one should not keep washing dishes and toilet because he is a NON oil and gas Business Analyst and he getting a suitable job in Toronto but as a AINP beneficiary he is bound to was dishes and clean toilets in Calgary. That should not be the case. As a consultant you relocate all over US that doesn't mean that you settling in 17 different states. You are already settled in reddy's Guest house. same thing should be in Alberta's case. When you plan to buy house or want to start business or want to stick to permanent job then plan these things in Alberta but if the nature of job require you to relocate then do that and finally settle in Alberta

scottylad

Oct 20, 2009
living in Alberta in a small town been here going on 2 years, not much on job front and the wife hates it, she wants to move to another provence soon as we get our pr We just got our pnp and waiting on our PR can we move once we get our pr or are we tied here? to Alberta. I heard we are tied to this provence for 3 years is this true? just got to keep the mrs happy by asking, she wants to move to PEI as she has been there a few times and loved it

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are not tied to stay in AB after you get your PR. It's mainly the question of landing there and staying a couple of months after that, then you can start thinking about a move. I've heard the 3 year rumour before but it's just that, a rumour. There is no truth to it whatsoever. As a Canadian PR, according to the charter of rights and freedoms, you have the right to live and work in any province. Check out the job market though before you move. If there's not much on the job front where you are, you don't want to move somewhere where it's worse.

JPMC

Aug 27, 2009
http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/Alberta+shedding+jobs+fastest+rate+Canada/2196657/story.html
In his 2010 Calgary Economic Outlook, released in early October, Adam Legge, vice-president and chief economist with Calgary Economic Development, said further job losses are expected the rest of this year and into the first quarter of 2010, particularly in the natural gas and services side of the energy sector.

Not the right time to be in Alberta. All the folks who currently have a job in the US don't even think about quitting and moving to Alberta any time soon. Tar Sands are in turmoil.

C

cchabert

Well if you are in the energy sector maybe, but don;t me I'm moving in 2 months, see ya USA!! FREEDOM!!!!!