+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone learnt French to get more points express entry?

Hsiddiqui

Oct 24, 2019
Hi all, my crs score is 455. I have CLB 10 in IELTS in my first attempt. I have no other option to boost up my score apart from learning French. Do you think in 3 months I can achieve that? I learnt French as a kid for a year but now I remember only few basic words, not much. Any input will be really helpful

Reactions: chouku

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi all, my crs score is 455. I have CLB 10 in IELTS in my first attempt. I have no other option to boost up my score apart from learning French. Do you think in 3 months I can achieve that? I learnt French as a kid for a year but now I remember only few basic words, not much. Any input will be really helpful
i seriously doubt it

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
This thread is dormant but I thought I'd post my experience here, just in case it helps someone else. I studied French in high school, up to A-level and that was back in 2004. Since then, I took a few French lessons (not consistent at all and only a handful at most) in 2016. I recently decided to do TEF to bump up my score (I'd maxed out on IELTS), so I decided to start taking French classes again for 2 months (4 days a week, 2 hours per lesson). After just 2 months, I managed to get a TEF score of B1 for speaking, listening and reading and B2 for writing. This was after essentially taking a break of 14 years. As a result, I managed to get an additional 4 points for my Express Entry profile.
So to anyone out there who feels discouraged or like they are not capable of reaching a level B1 in French (which corresponds to CLB 5, the minimum you need to score points for a second language), I say you are capable. Sign up for intensive classes, use Duolingo and Lingoda, read beginner level French novels and you will be surprised how quickly you improve. It's not impossible. You don't have to be fluent, you just have to be intermediate to get the minimum points so take heart.
How does one connect with a tutor as I am in Canada …any advice