+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone knows if i can apply in my home country while being in the US for Quebec?

Patriots1700

Apr 9, 2012
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am trying to find out if i can apply in my home country visa office while being in the US for the Quebec selection . I am PR in the US and i will be the principal applicant but my spouse who will be in my application doesn't have status here .I have been reading the immigration manual and it seems that i can apply in my country of nationality even though we are not present there ,and that the family members status doesn't matter it's the principal applicant that needs to have status ,but i don't know if it's the same rule for Quebec selection or if i'm even getting the rules right . I would really appreciate if anyone can shed some light for me on this .

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Patriots1700 said:
I am trying to find out if i can apply in my home country visa office while being in the US for the Quebec selection . I am PR in the US and i will be the principal applicant but my spouse who will be in my application doesn't have status here .I have been reading the immigration manual and it seems that i can apply in my country of nationality even though we are not present there ,and that the family members status doesn't matter it's the principal applicant that needs to have status ,but i don't know if it's the same rule for Quebec selection or if i'm even getting the rules right . I would really appreciate if anyone can shed some light for me on this .
Yes, you can send your QSW application to BIQ covering your country of residence or your country of citizenship.