waved
Passport Req..
19-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
HI

I'M SENDING IN MY LETTERS AND CARDS FOR SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP TO CIC. DO YOU KNOW IF THERE RETURNED BACK TO ME. IF NOW SHOULD I SEND COPIES. ::)

miguelre

Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we made the 'mistake' of not making any copies. luckily we had no issues nor lost documents. i got my visa today and they gave me all of our pictures...and i think everything else we sent as proof of our relationship.

good luck!

odethe

Jul 8, 2010
Turkey
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
Maybe this will help... It is written in the IMM3911e Appendix A Document Checklist for Immigrant

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO SPONSOR
Provide originals: they will be returned to you once your application has been finalized.
If you are being sponsored by your parent, you must provide proof of the relationship such as:
• birth certificates,
• baptismal certificates or,
• other official documents naming your parents and showing all name changes, if applicable.
If you are being sponsored by your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, you must send evidence of the relationship between you and your sponsor such as:
• wedding photos,
• proof that you are partners,
• letters between you and your sponsor,
• telephone bills showing contact,
• family photos, etc
• proof of your sponsor’s visits such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes,
• copies of pages of your sponsor's passport showing entry/exit stamps,
• any other evidence of your relationship and communication.
If you are a common-law or conjugal partner, also provide;
• evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing,
• has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application,
• details of the history of your relationship,
• at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your
relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing,
• any other evidence of your relationship and communication.
If the sponsor is a permanent resident of Canada, you must provide a copy of his/her Immigrant or Permanent Resident Visa or Card. Residents of Iran must also provide a copy of sponsor’s “Shenas Nameh”.

Note: Photos must be loose. Do not send them in binders, albums, frames or other such
containers. Do not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeting
cards or other similar documents containing electronic or mechanical devices

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
gayan said:
HI

I'M SENDING IN MY LETTERS AND CARDS FOR SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP TO CIC. DO YOU KNOW IF THERE RETURNED BACK TO ME. IF NOW SHOULD I SEND COPIES. ::)
If you definitely want to keep them, send copies. They are important enough to send as proof of your relationship but not so important that the IO needs to see the originals. I sent a copy of the only card I submitted (a thank you note from his mother) with a copy of the envelope. I got nothing back from my application, most people get back their photographs and original docs, and some people have shared that the visa office either lost or didn't return items. For your items copies are fine.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
sometimes they return them, sometimes they don't. If those cards and letters are important to you, you should send copies.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
everything i sent copies of they kept everything i sent originals of was returned to me

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
gayan said:
HI

Some people get there originals back, and some don't. It depends on the visa office and the visa officer. I would send in copies of proof such as letters and cards, because these are not official documents, they are not obligatory. If the checklist says they want the originals of official docs, you have no choice, but with extra non-official evidence you can send in copies.

B

boyee6576

I sent only copies of love letters and cards etc. I didnt want to run the risk of losing them, after all they only mean something to us. When my husband was called for interview then he took all the originals with him.