Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
punjab
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cussyandrew said:
I like Humber so far, (im my opinion its better than George Brown- I have some friends there who are not happy) Some advice, don't take the summer term unless it is absolutely necessary, the reasons being that firstly, its a shorter semester, so you will be having tests and quizzes nearly every week, secondly your teachers will change halfway through (only happens in the summer semester).

My first batch profs were EXCELLENT and when they changed only one was really REALLY bad, but the subject was easy so it all worked out.
You will have to sit a placement test when classes start (math/English) reason being that they need to place you in your appropriate level of maths and English. You could end up in BMAT110 or BMAT210, for Maths, and ESL100,200 or COMM200. So try to do good in that.

As for placements, there are two types Co-op and Placements. Co-op is PAID and only available to students doing the 3yr-Advanced Diploma plus you need HIGH grades in your first 3 semesters to be selected (>90% overall). The placement is available to all and is UNPAID, I think the college and the student share responsibility of finding placements but I dont think it should be an issue.
thanks for replying......

kaur.cheema

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
talwinder virk said:
if anyone in this forum is going to join humber in this fall...plz join this thread\
hey i m going for wireless telecommunications..........anyone for the same course?

talwinder virk

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
kaur.cheema said:
hey i m going for wireless telecommunications..........anyone for the same course?
mine electronis engg. technician we are of the same department ,,hope we will meet there and on what date u r flying?

talwinder virk

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
cussyandrew said:
I like Humber so far, (im my opinion its better than George Brown- I have some friends there who are not happy) Some advice, don't take the summer term unless it is absolutely necessary, the reasons being that firstly, its a shorter semester, so you will be having tests and quizzes nearly every week, secondly your teachers will change halfway through (only happens in the summer semester).

My first batch profs were EXCELLENT and when they changed only one was really REALLY bad, but the subject was easy so it all worked out.
You will have to sit a placement test when classes start (math/English) reason being that they need to place you in your appropriate level of maths and English. You could end up in BMAT110 or BMAT210, for Maths, and ESL100,200 or COMM200. So try to do good in that.

As for placements, there are two types Co-op and Placements. Co-op is PAID and only available to students doing the 3yr-Advanced Diploma plus you need HIGH grades in your first 3 semesters to be selected (>90% overall). The placement is available to all and is UNPAID, I think the college and the student share responsibility of finding placements but I dont think it should be an issue.
should I brought books related my course from INDIA bcz they r dam expensive over there?

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
talwinder virk said:
should I brought books related my course from INDIA bcz they r dam expensive over there?
I dont think you'll be able to find those books in India, but if you can, do bring the,. Which course are you in, you should message your coordinator for the book list. However you can usually buy the books second hand, either via Kijiji, or via the flyers students post throughout the college.

sahil001

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
punjab
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got visa today..................... :p :p :p
bas ticket dekh reha.......
humber milanage sab nu.....
all the best to all for future.....
:D :D

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
sahil001 said:
CONGRATS :D I got my extension today, lol hope to see you at orientation!

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
cussyandrew said:

Thank you :)

Hope to see you at the orientation if I get my visa

XYZ User

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahil001 said:
congratulations !

cussyandrew

Feb 13, 2012
Islamabad
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
01-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
14-09-2012
sahil001 said:
thanks..... XYZ
baki mai orientation nahi attend kar reha..... :p :p :p :p
I would advise you to attend it, trust me, important hai!

sahil001

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
punjab
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cussyandrew said:
I would advise you to attend it, trust me, important hai!
yes buddy i know its important but tickets are not available before 29 and orientation is on 28......so that is the reason i am not attending it....but it would be ok if i miss it???

Khan81

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cussyandrew said:
I just finished my first semester at Humber (BA-Accounting), hope to see you guys at orientation, Ill be volunteering, hopefully. Feel free to ask any questions :)

Yar IELTS kai bagair admission mel sakta haii PG course mai English proficiency certificate haii university say?