+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone in Supply Chain/Logistics Industry

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi guys, trying my best to form some sort of network here. We will be moving to Canada this year around June/July (latest). Although I have sent countless job applications and cover letters on indeed and job bank, I have not received a single response. I hold a bachelor's degree from my country (South Africa) but I'm honestly not even sure whether that matters.

I was wondering whether I am just applying in the wrong cities? Are there specific cities where logistics jobs are more popular? I have no issue with starting at the very bottom, since I don't have any experience in Canada. I can work in a warehouse or store or even as a dispatcher, I have no issue in working my way back to where I am today (logistics analyst).

Hoping to meet some fellow logisticians or people in my industry...

Thanks in advance :)

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi guys, trying my best to form some sort of network here. We will be moving to Canada this year around June/July (latest). Although I have sent countless job applications and cover letters on indeed and job bank, I have not received a single response. I hold a bachelor's degree from my country (South Africa) but I'm honestly not even sure whether that matters.

I was wondering whether I am just applying in the wrong cities? Are there specific cities where logistics jobs are more popular? I have no issue with starting at the very bottom, since I don't have any experience in Canada. I can work in a warehouse or store or even as a dispatcher, I have no issue in working my way back to where I am today (logistics analyst).

Mississauga & Brampton are the places where you could get Supply chain jobs. Try to settle closer to this place.

Reactions: mahi2020

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Thank you! We decided on Mississauga. Very expensive but I am sure we will make it work.
Mississauga is the main one as the airport is close by and lots of supply chain jobs in airport too.
Regarding accommodation try Dixie and Bloor in Misissauga valley area through METCAP rentals.

avinash_b

Mar 12, 2019
Hi Guys, i am looking for opportunities in Canada, as i am pursuing CSCP in india and plan to land in canada by july-2019, i have an MS in industrial engineering ( lehigh university USA) and a 3 year work experience of USA. is it going to make any difference. also is CSCP valued in canada if i pass it from india?

rathia

Sep 15, 2015
Toronto

I am from Supply Chain domain and reached here a few days back.

1. Have you refined your LinkedIn Profile ?
2. Are you undergoing the FREE pre-arrival program offered by various NGOs sponsored by Canadian Government ?
3. What is the location that you have mentioned on LinkedIn ? If you location is not Canada, then recruiters won't prefer to call you.
4. Is your resume in a Canadian format ?

rathia

Sep 15, 2015
Toronto
Hi Guys, i am looking for opportunities in Canada, as i am pursuing CSCP in india and plan to land in canada by july-2019, i have an MS in industrial engineering ( lehigh university USA) and a 3 year work experience of USA. is it going to make any difference. also is CSCP valued in canada if i pass it from india?
APICS CSCP is valued in Canada. Check the job descriptions of Canadian Supply Chain jobs for more details.

However, they prefer SCMP certification as well.