+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone in SAIT/Going to SAIT in the Fall?

meganpeter

Jun 21, 2013
Hello,

So I applied for fall 2014 admissions for SAIT Bachelor of Applied Technology in Petroleum Engineering (BAPT). I have a Bachelors in Chemical Engineering from an American university and I am a Canadian PR. Finding a job that I want has been close to impossible bc of my foreign credentials. Are there forum members here attending SAIT or taking the program that can give me advice on SAIT in general?

Also, what is the job prospect like after SAIT graduation? I'm looking into working in the oil and gas industry.

B-jay

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
File Transfer...
PER: 02-03-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013(M Received on 9-12-2013)
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
@meganpeter,

We are in the same shoes. am also a PR planning my Landing in late March. I earned Bachelor in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and have done my Credential Evaluation with WES already.
I am preparing to file the application in the Petroleum Engineering,Bachelor of Applied Tech for this FALL by February. The earlier we apply the better.

Please have you landed?if yes which of the Axis/Quadrant are you? NW i suppose.

We've got to network.

To start with,i am planning to take the route of CO-OP stream. that will expose me to the industry in record time and to a large extent providing a strong footing and tiers in securing a job believably in Oil & Gas firm after graduation.
Also,as Alberta is the Energy Hub of Canada and Calgary the happening places,i believe the sky can not be our limits. we will make it coupled with Student loan/grant of some sort.

But it must start with early application first then the Landing.

Please avail me any useful info regarding admission,Govt support and job prospect/Co-Op.

I have sent you a pm.

B-Jay