+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone in Quebec taking the french classes

manyfaces

Feb 20, 2011
Hello All, I was wondering is anyone on this forum currently enrolled in the french classes, I have signed up and took the evaluation, is this a long process, I have been waiting a month now, and from what I understand you get money for taking these classes, has anyone has any experience with this. Thanks!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
I am learning by myself. Its quite expensive here.

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manyfaces said:
Hello All, I was wondering is anyone on this forum currently enrolled in the french classes, I have signed up and took the evaluation, is this a long process, I have been waiting a month now, and from what I understand you get money for taking these classes, has anyone has any experience with this. Thanks!
What exactly do you mean ''you get money for taking these classes'' I wonder. You know that you are obliged to learn French - you signed a paper obliging you to attain french when applying for CSQ. I know you could get financial assistance (transport and such), but I think this is as far as the monetary contribution goes. And I start classes this Monday, but have my MICC evaluation Thursday.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
I am not a PR yet, since filed for Inland application for immigration. :) To me, i have been checking McGill, Concordia and other schools, everything drops down to 2000 dollars for a term.

Yullover

Apr 10, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-06-2010
Class giving by the MICC is starting 3 times every years, each session is 3 months and a half.

When you finally pass you evaluation exam, they will try to put you in a school near your houses, but lot of time is full, so sometime they will offer you a schol that is farter then normal but you can said no and wait 3 months and be in the school closier.

As for the money, if your CSQ is in family class you will receive 175$ for 4 weeks of class, so is a little money, only help to pay the bus card and little other small expense. so don't count on this to pay bills.