+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone here ever applied for a BOWP from Canada?

ank1234

Aug 26, 2014
susana said:
Many people....and succesfully, as long as you have your CIC file number.
Hi,

Thanks for your response. Actually I don't have a file number yet.
I applied for PR in FSW from Toronto on August 10 2014 but still haven't received any acknowledgement/PER in spite of 45 days having been passed,
I am planning to apply for an Open work permit (Bridging) as per the below links since my post grad work permit is expiring this Oct. 29 (I'm going to include a letter of explanation in my application - stating that I haven't received AOR/PER inspite of having applied for PR in Aug.):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Wanted to know your opinion when I should submit my paper application for the same (to take more time and be on implied status but so as to not risk my stay in Canada too). I was thinking of posting by September 29 since it'll be 30 days before my expiration as required & chances are that my PR application AOR/PER can be processed by them by start of Nov. (it's taking ~3 months on avg now as per forums!)

Also, while filling up the main form for BOWP - it asks if I am applying for 'A work permit with the same employer' OR 'An initial work permit/ work permit with a new employer'. Which one of these 2 should I tick as I dont have LMO but have employer's letter dated this August. I haven't changed employer since day 1 (i.e., from October 28 2013) but in my 1st work permit application I hadn't named them last year, so confused. Thanks for help.

ank1234

Aug 26, 2014
Thanks, I really appreciate your response. Have sent you another message now FYR. Pls reply when time permits. Tc.

Seaciel

May 22, 2012
Hi any update from you? I will be on the same condition as you are, were you able o apply BOWP even if you dont have PER yet?

ank1234

Aug 26, 2014
Seaciel said:
Hi any update from you? I will be on the same condition as you are, were you able o apply BOWP even if you dont have PER yet?
Hi,

Where are you currently located? I am in Toronto and working in Markham FYI. Number/email pls.

Well, I had applied (as suggested by Susana above) for an Open work permit (BOWP) on this October 10th (file reached on October 14th) by adding a letter of explanation telling I had applied for my PR in 2 categories in early-mid august but waiting for a PER.

However, I am yet to hear back. Trying to call up CIC doesn't help either. My calculation tells me I should get an answer by ~next week (however I noticed yesterday that for one of the categories in which I applied my PR - the cap is full this week - 2173! Hoping my application/s get through in 0112 & I get asap).

PS:- I am still working having had my work permit expired (but am on implied status legally).

Seaciel

May 22, 2012
I'm in alberta, will be sending my fsw arranged employment next week.
But my wp will be expiring jan 2015.

Hope to hear updates from you.

Good luck!