+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone here being processed in the Halifax Office?

CanadianPlease

Jun 6, 2017
Just a question I have reviewed the sheet and it seems like very few people are going thought the Halifax office and cross referencing it with the data here: (Very useful data)

http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/33fc9a55-93ac-4984-ba39-90774831f05a

which shows about 221 grants per quarter in NS, it seems to align with about 2 Ceremonies per month which they have, however it seems many Halifax applicants are have either abandoned updating the sheet or they have a massive backlog and nothing is happening. I am at the DM stage and there a couple of people who are before me in the queue without DM or even a test invite.

Am I alone here or are we all just waiting ?

Reactions: Got sick of waiting

CanadianPlease

Jun 6, 2017
Hello CanadianPlease

I applied for my citizenship from Halifax but I am from October applicants.

I am still in process since November 09.

How fast or slow the local office in Halifax.

Thank you
Halifax is not that slow it just seems that was a not many people go thought this office, My application was just over 200 days end to end including a finger print request (Oath was last week), I applied under the 'Old' rules when applications dropped, I guess yours will be around the same.

All I can say is my experience with the staff in Halifax has been great, they are friendly and welcoming at both my interview and ceremony.

I wish you well with your application.

Reactions: Got sick of waiting

Got sick of waiting

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Halifax is not that slow it just seems that was a not many people go thought this office, My application was just over 200 days end to end including a finger print request (Oath was last week), I applied under the 'Old' rules when applications dropped, I guess yours will be around the same.

All I can say is my experience with the staff in Halifax has been great, they are friendly and welcoming at both my interview and ceremony.

I wish you well with your application.
Thank you very much and I wish you all the best in rest of your life as a Canadian
Thx again

Reactions: CanadianPlease