+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone has complicated situation like me? Also, want to become CPA in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

My case is a bit complicated too than the usual.

I have been rejected twice :-
1) Tourist visa - did not have a job around then
2) Spousal PR visa - my ex-spouse withdrew the application and our relationship was not at all worth lasting forever

However, I still would like to go to Canada on a student's visa. My ex-spouse forced me to leave my job. Therefore, I was not doing anything except travelling for a couple of years.

So my million dollar question is, do I still have a bright chance to get a Student Visa?

I would be extremely grateful if you could guide me through and relieve me from the stress.

Thank you!
I would suggest you post your question in a separate post so it gets noticed.

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[QUOTE="xecuter, post: 6278887, member: 327993"

Another option is to look for a job and an employer in Canada or the US willing to sponsor you on a work permit, however, without a CPA designation makes it harder.
Work permits aren't an option due to the OP's illegal status. They'll never be approved.[/QUOTE]

Oh didn't know that. Thanks for the correction!

Aherman

Aug 12, 2017
Scylla is totally right that I cannot get sponsored for a working visa due to my illegal status. The only thing I can do now is to continue my further education in accounting. So, I will enroll to MACC program in the same university, & complete my education as a full-time student. Unfortunately, my state requires to have US citizenship/PR to be eligible to sit on the CPA exam. So, I have to go to a state where in their requirement only need SSN. For working experience, I may get a help from my friend who know someone who owns a small accounting firm. Or, just work in campus as a graduate assistant. I have to find more information about requirement for work experience. I know some states where you don't need working experience as long as you have graduate degree in accounting. For this, they issue non reporting CPA license.

Koshi01

Feb 26, 2020
Hi,

My asylum case in USA got denied in 2015. Then I came back to my home after 60 days and started to go to university for a better future. I had to go and stay in another countries, places for time to time since I have huge political problems back home. To be short, my question is would I be eligible to apply for express entry visa because I had an asylum in USA 5 years before?
I do have work experience in USA for 3 years.
I really hope someone could help me with my situation
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

My asylum case in USA got denied in 2015. Then I came back to my home after 60 days and started to go to university for a better future. I had to go and stay in another countries, places for time to time since I have huge political problems back home. To be short, my question is would I be eligible to apply for express entry visa because I had an asylum in USA 5 years before?
I do have work experience in USA for 3 years.
I really hope someone could help me with my situation
Thank you
Provided it is fully declared, the US asylum app is not a reason for refusal.