+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone has been asked for ECA for bachelors after providing ECA for Masters?

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
I have master's degree which has been evaluated by WES. I mentioned that in my profile and got point for the same. I did not mention my bachelor degree. Now after getting ITA while filling out education details should I provide details of bachelor degree (which has not been evaluated by WES)? And should I attach the bachelor's degree certificate?

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Re: Details of education while submitting PR application

pk_2015 said:
I have master's degree which has been evaluated by WES. I mentioned that in my profile and got point for the same. I did not mention my bachelor degree. Now after getting ITA while filling out education details should I provide details of bachelor degree (which has not been evaluated by WES)? And should I attach the bachelor's degree certificate?
You can attach Bachelors too. ECA is required only for highest degree.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

pk_2015 said:
Don't tempt fate. Keep it out of your profile because you haven't claimed any points for it. If you include it and they ask you for an ECA "which you can't provide because you haven't done it because you did not claim points for that degree" is a longer and tougher explanation.

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015

Asivad Anac said:
Don't tempt fate. Keep it out of your profile because you haven't claimed any points for it. If you include it and they ask you for an ECA "which you can't provide because you haven't done it because you did not claim points for that degree" is a longer and tougher explanation.
Thanks. I was thinking about doing the same. Sometime it gives more confidence if you hear it from someone else :)

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015

Asivad Anac said:
hmmm.. I think this is the best way. Anyway we are mentioning all education activities in personal history too. In that way we can show that we have done bachelors also. I think I will choose this way.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015

Asivad Anac said:
BTW, adding bachelors also wont do any harm. ECA is required for only highest degree. It was confirmed by some other user before. Just go through below post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t297575.0.html

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015

SAJ_ee2015 said:
hmmm.. I think this is the best way. Anyway we are mentioning all education activities in personal history too. In that way we can show that we have done bachelors also. I think I will choose this way.
Actually it will not appear in my personal history as that was more than 10 years old. And in personal history they just ask for 10 years old data. Interestingly, system auto populated my masters in personal history though it was more than 10 years old.

Looking at the text for education history (which say "You can tell us about each period of study by filling in the fields below"), I do not think it is mandatory to mention all education. I think I should be ok skipping the bachelors.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015

pk_2015 said:
Actually it will not appear in my personal history as that was more than 10 years old. And in personal history they just ask for 10 years old data. Interestingly, system auto populated my masters in personal history though it was more than 10 years old.

Looking at the text for education history (which say "You can tell us about each period of study by filling in the fields below"), I do not think it is mandatory to mention all education. I think I should be ok skipping the bachelors.
But in the section for uploading documents, there is a sentence like this (when you click ? sign):

"You must have completed a bachelors degree before a masters degree can be earned". So I believe we have to mention somewhere about bachelors too.

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015

SAJ_ee2015 said:
But in the section for uploading documents, there is a sentence like this (when you click ? sign):

"You must have completed a bachelors degree before a masters degree can be earned". So I believe we have to mention somewhere about bachelors too.
It does actually. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I will have to add the bachelors now.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

pk_2015 said:
It does actually. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I will have to add the bachelors now.
That is true for Bachelors as well. One must finish school before earning a Bachelors degree.

Instead of belaboring those details, focus on the fact that the Bachelors degree hasn't helped you gain CRS points (it helped you get a Masters but that is incidental) hence it isn't a required part of your profile leave aside the fact that it was done more than 10 years ago. Feel free to include it but I hope they don't ask for an ECA now or later.

All the best!

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Asivad Anac said:
That is true for Bachelors as well. One must finish school before earning a Bachelors degree.

Instead of belaboring those details, focus on the fact that the Bachelors degree hasn't helped you gain CRS points (it helped you get a Masters but that is incidental) hence it isn't a required part of your profile leave aside the fact that it was done more than 10 years ago. Feel free to include it but I hope they don't ask for an ECA now or later.

All the best!
I never thought submitting the application will be so tough :( ...

Any one remembers a case where an ECA been asked for bachelors after submitting ECA for masters?