+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone has any recommendations for a one-bedroom apartment for rent in vancouver

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Hi, anyone has any recommendations for a one-bedroom apartment for rent in vancouver?

Other than kijiji and craigslist, what other websites can I explore?

Thanks

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
hi steaky

i cant read chinese though I can speak
I am a bit desperate as I cant find a one-bedroom suite before i come over.
should i get a hotel first and then find?
I thought it would be cheaper to get an apartment first rather than staying in a hotel.

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sure, it will be cheaper to rent an apartment than staying in a hotel room. But it all depends on your living requirement and budget --- 1) how much you can afford; 2) The location of property; 3) Cleanliness and physical appearance of the suite; 4) Furnished or not furnished; 5) Security, etc. I went to rentbc and saw lots of listings. Didn't find anything of interest or you have tried but the landlords refused to let it to you? You do know that if you can't find anything in Vancouver, you can also search for other neighboring cities within the Greater Vancouver region such as Coquitlam, Richmond, Burnaby, New West and Surrey/Delta? Burnaby, Richmond, New West and Northern Surrey are connected by skytrain.

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
hi, prefer to stay in a place not too far from town and connected to skytrain. I am actually looking for joyce-collingwood area as they have more shops, supermarket, grocery stores, london drugs, safeway there. I am not sure whether there are other areas other than joyce-collingwod that is so populated with shops etc that is not too far from town and not too near too. Slightly furnished would be better with a bed because when i touch down, would be good to have an apartment under my head. I am actually looking more for the one bedroom suite in a house etc because i have a friend coming with me to stay for 2 months and then the person will be leaving. renting a room in a house would be a bit small.
i emailed to a no of landlords in rentbc website, these are the difficulties i faced,

1) no reply from them
2) after a few days, an automated email will be send to me from an estate agent telling me that they are going to have a viewing. I am not even in Vancouver so not able to view.
3)Also i am not familiar with the addresses of some places but they do seem far, so I didnt write to some of them.
4) some of them are not furnished and yet expensive

This are the difficulties I faced so far.

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lougheed town centre and Metrotown area of Burnaby can also be considered. I think Metrotown has the biggest shopping mall in the Greater Vancouver region (search google for details). There are alot of supermarket, grocery stores, shops, chinese restaurant, HSBC and electronic shops in nearby Crystal Mall. Lougheed town centre on the other hand has a Korean community - lots of Korean supermarkets, restaurants and other services. There is a Sears department store, Walmart, Safeway and lots of shops. Both Lougheed and Metrotown have access to skytrain.

If you want more nightlife, I would suggest Richmond especially the area between Landsdowne skytrain station and Brighhouse skytrain station. Lots of chinese 24 hours restaurants and other services. Each year, there's a night market in Richmond which you can try good foods and more.

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
hi, yes, i have tried all those areas that you suggested but didnt get any replies. Richmond is a bit on the high price.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you get any feedback from the estate agent? If you don't feel comfortable to post your budget rental price range here, you can also send me a private message so that I can look up at other chinese listings and get back to you. ;)

Pilot pk

Apr 19, 2012
I want to land in vancouver surrey in 3rd week of August , looking area of pakistani community in nrth surrey or burnaby.how much is the down payment of house/condo for new immigrant.Which area has new constructed house/condo for rent or sale ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pilot pk said:
I want to land in vancouver surrey in 3rd week of August , looking area of pakistani community in nrth surrey or burnaby.how much is the down payment of house/condo for new immigrant.Which area has new constructed house/condo for rent or sale ?
Read this old post to catch some ideas:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t58071.0.html;msg504179#msg504179

You can also contact a good realtor for advice. Good luck!