+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got the visa without providing the air ticket?

Isabella Fan

Nov 3, 2011
Hi, I'm from mainland China, now I live in Spain. I am planning to visit my boyfriend in Vancouver this Xmas. According to the embassy website, a copy of valid return ticket or tourist itinerary should be provided, IF APPLICABLE. Does this "if applicable" mean if I haven't book a flight yet, I don't need to submit this document?

Anyone got the visa without air tickets? I am not sure if I would get the visa so I am not gonna purchase the ticket until I succeed. I need to send the application package to the embassy in Paris, and I can only keep the ticket reservation without paying for 3-5 days. I'm afraid the reservation will be cancelled before the officer receive my application.

Anyone helps? :-[

honeylaine

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,
i submitted by application with flight reservation only and got visa approved!

as long as u show them that you have the date when u intend to visit.

mmadsen55

Jul 11, 2011
The return Airline ticket is just one piece of evidence they will use to determine whetger or not they believe you will return to your home country, and not stay in Canada. However, it is a very big piece of evidence. If you do not have that, you will need to make sure you have lots of other evidence (Job, assets, family..) in your home country. So you can still apply without the ticket, but it does remove some of that proof.

There are some other things you can do that might be helpful. As the prior person noted, creating a detailed itinerary showing the times and dates you intended to visit is good. You can book a hotel and car rental which can be cancelled easier than an airline ticket. You could also put a note that the purchase of airline ticket is pending VISA approval.

Another thing is that you could possibly buy a FULL REFUNDABLE airline ticket. These are usually more expensive, but in the case you are denied, you can get your money back.

Kristina23

Nov 2, 2010
Hi I submitted my application WITHOUT air ticket and approved in 7 days! =) It varies, it's case to case basis. As long you intend to come back after your trip it will be just fine. =)

Isabella Fan

Nov 3, 2011
honeylaine said:
hi,
i submitted by application with flight reservation only and got visa approved!

as long as u show them that you have the date when u intend to visit.
Thank you! I've already sent the application package with flight reservation ;D

Isabella Fan

Nov 3, 2011
mmadsen55 said:
The return Airline ticket is just one piece of evidence they will use to determine whetger or not they believe you will return to your home country, and not stay in Canada. However, it is a very big piece of evidence. If you do not have that, you will need to make sure you have lots of other evidence (Job, assets, family..) in your home country. So you can still apply without the ticket, but it does remove some of that proof.

There are some other things you can do that might be helpful. As the prior person noted, creating a detailed itinerary showing the times and dates you intended to visit is good. You can book a hotel and car rental which can be cancelled easier than an airline ticket. You could also put a note that the purchase of airline ticket is pending VISA approval.

Another thing is that you could possibly buy a FULL REFUNDABLE airline ticket. These are usually more expensive, but in the case you are denied, you can get your money back.

I submitted an itinerary given by a travel agency and the flight reservation, hope that can satisfy the officers.

Isabella Fan

Nov 3, 2011
Kristina23 said:
Hi I submitted my application WITHOUT air ticket and approved in 7 days! =) It varies, it's case to case basis. As long you intend to come back after your trip it will be just fine. =)
WOW 7 days? Which visa office worked so fast?

AHH

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I am planning to apply for TRV 2 weeks next month .

1. Does the return ticket proof of leaving Canada after staying ?
2. Can we study on TRV or not ?

Thanks

Isabella Fan

Nov 3, 2011
AHH said:
Hi

I am planning to apply for TRV 2 weeks next month .

1. Does the return ticket proof of leaving Canada after staying ?
2. Can we study on TRV or not ?

Thanks
A copy of valid return ticket or itinerary can be the proof of returning to origin country. If you wanna study there, you need a study permit.

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
i applied visitor visa without airtickets and hotel reservations..and still got the visa. i guess u need strong application.

AHH

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ gupta

Wow that is brilliant

Can u please tell how can it be strong documents for TRV successful

Thank you

Jun 18, 2015
Hello All,

Do we need to submit air ticket to Canada Embassy?? is that so mandatory,if yes, there are any chances to reject my visa?Please do help me by your suggestions. Thanking you.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Sandy chowdary said:
Hello All,

Do we need to submit air ticket to Canada Embassy?? is that so mandatory,if yes, there are any chances to reject my visa?Please do help me by your suggestions. Thanking you.
Use the tool:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

This will give you the complete checklist.