+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got request to upload CV? Why CIC needs CV/Resume?

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
I have also got this email last week to upload CV and fill a form called "Supplementary information for student".
That form asks questions such as study/publcation/supervisors as well as where/what will I work when go back home :eek:

alex_se

Jul 28, 2017
Hi everyone

Yesterday, I got an email from CIC requesting to upload my and my husband's CV and study/publcation/supervisors/etc information.

Why and in what cases they need applicant's CV?

Anyone else was asked to upload their CV? and what happened next?
Hi, I got this request also. It asked me to provide a brief description of my education, qualification and experience. I don't actually know why this is required. By the way, could you share with me your application status now?

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
I have also got this email last week to upload CV and fill a form called "Supplementary information for student".
That form asks questions such as study/publcation/supervisors as well as where/what will I work when go back home :eek:
I also received it today, Have you got your PPR or still waiting?

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
I found few other people who also received CV request from CIC. It seems that the reason of being asked for CV might be related to the country of origin (midle east, etc.).

Those people are still waiting for PR (about 6 months after submitting the requested CV), although it might be not because of the CV request and extra security check, but due to them being in PNP stream.

I am worried if I (in CEC inland stream) also will have a loooong PR process, probably because CV request would lead to extra background check.

PLEASE let me know if you have seen anyone else asked to upload CV. I need to know how long it took them to receive PR after that request, and if it's related to country of origin.
Hi did you get your PR?

Hoora

Jun 22, 2016
Hey guys,
I applied under CEC (postdoc) in outside of Canada and received my APR in April. I have just asked for sending my CV... It is actually so weird to me that they even have asked for my husband's CV as well, while I am the main applicant.
Can any one here tell me which part of processing it could be? I have started stressing out, as I think this is a kind of document they must have asked me like 5 months ago...

One more thing is that on June, My husband was asked for providing criminal check (RCMP) and we sent it. Our Background check has changed to NA again... I can not understand it!
Can any one help me to understand what is going on? I feel like they are gonna reject my application....

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Hey guys,
I applied under CEC (postdoc) in outside of Canada and received my APR in April. I have just asked for sending my CV... It is actually so weird to me that they even have asked for my husband's CV as well, while I am the main applicant.
Can any one here tell me which part of processing it could be? I have started stressing out, as I think this is a kind of document they must have asked me like 5 months ago...

One more thing is that on June, My husband was asked for providing criminal check (RCMP) and we sent it. Our Background check has changed to NA again... I can not understand it!
Can any one help me to understand what is going on? I feel like they are gonna reject my application....
They asked me about 2 month after AOR and my application was in NA2. it is probably for security check. I heard many applicants with PhD or from iran got this . I am both : ) it probably means some more delay,.

Hoora

Jun 22, 2016
They asked me about 2 month after AOR and my application was in NA2. it is probably for security check. I heard many applicants with PhD or from iran got this . I am both : ) it probably means some more delay,.
Thanks for your reply..
That is why I am worried it is almost 5 months after my AOR... My case seems to be super slow which makes me worried... Do you think at this stage I have passed my background check? Or are they still working on it?
I have a British friend, she is also a postdoc in Biology and from UK and her application has been rejected in background/security checks... unbelievable!

Reactions: rxyz

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Thanks for your reply..
That is why I am worried it is almost 5 months after my AOR... My case seems to be super slow which makes me worried... Do you think at this stage I have passed my background check? Or are they still working on it?
I have a British friend, she is also a postdoc in Biology and from UK and her application has been rejected in background/security checks... unbelievable!
no idea why on earth they reject a post-doc with science major, seems strange. If i was you I would take it easy. Life is short and does not worse to be worried about these things :) I think you can apply for something called gcms notes to get the details of your application. Search the froum I say some topics sometime ago about this

horashio

Oct 4, 2016
Hi guys
we are in same ship....!
I received an email for RCMP(Finger print) and updated CV to send them... I am from Iran too.
do you have any Idea what is going on there?
I am currently here in Canada with work permit.
please update..!

Dr_Dentalo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hello guys,
Could anyone of you please update us about this student & CV request? how long did it take to clear the background check?

Dr_Dentalo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi everyone

Yesterday, I got an email from CIC requesting to upload my and my husband's CV and study/publcation/supervisors/etc information.

Why and in what cases they need applicant's CV?

Anyone else was asked to upload their CV? and what happened next?
Hi Samanta,

Did you get your PRR? what was your timeline?

Reddysar

Star Member
Aug 15, 2015
Hi Guys my friend received Supplementary information form for jobs and studies .. CV .
Could you please let me know is it normal . Is there any reson to ask these documents.

Reactions: Susana0928

Dr_Dentalo

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi Guys my friend received Supplementary information form for jobs and studies .. CV .
Could you please let me know is it normal . Is there any reson to ask these documents.
Hello,
May I ask what is the citizenship, and country of residence, has PhD Or MSc degrees?

Reactions: Susana0928

SALOK

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
I have got the same request for CV, im not even applying on postdoc or master route, mine is skilled immigration - internationa graduate that requires job. I'm from middle east, but applying inland so maybe that is why, Iran middle east thing.

any update on yours guys who was required to send cv? anything i should know of?