+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got approved for a second extension

NINA_777

Sep 2, 2020
Hello
I am in Canada on a multiple entry visitor visa. I was supposed to leave last March had a flight ticket book but it got canceled last minute because my country closed the airport because of COVID so I applied for a 6 month extension and was approved for 6 months.
Now I want to extend again because the situation there is bad and I’m scared to travel. But the airport is now open
Anyone here got approved for a second extension?
And does it take 4 months to process for the second extension like the first time or does it take less time? If less how long?
This is my 4th visit to Canada and I’ve never stayed for a longer than one month

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
I am in Canada on a multiple entry visitor visa. I was supposed to leave last March had a flight ticket book but it got canceled last minute because my country closed the airport because of COVID so I applied for a 6 month extension and was approved for 6 months.
Now I want to extend again because the situation there is bad and I’m scared to travel. But the airport is now open
Anyone here got approved for a second extension?
And does it take 4 months to process for the second extension like the first time or does it take less time? If less how long?
This is my 4th visit to Canada and I’ve never stayed for a longer than one month
Approval and refusal really depends on your situation. Yes it will take numerous months to process your application.

NINA_777

Sep 2, 2020
Approval and refusal really depends on your situation. Yes it will take numerous months to process your application.
Thank you
I read on another thread that the process time for the second extension takes only a couple of weeks hence why I asked

NINA_777

Sep 2, 2020
Another question I have breathing difficulties hence why I’m extremely terrified of catching the virus.
Should I write that or will it make my application weak as I do not have health insurance in case I get COVID while in Canada?

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Another question I have breathing difficulties hence why I’m extremely terrified of catching the virus.
Should I write that or will it make my application weak as I do not have health insurance in case I get COVID while in Canada?
I would recommend getting health insurance and use it as one of the documents in support of your application. Without a health insurance, you may be a considered a liability on the Canadian healthcare system that is already stretched to its limits due to this pandemic.

As of Sept. 8, 2020, processing time for Visitor Record applications is 154 days for both online and paper applications.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I’d be more terrified of the potentially massive medical bill you WOULD get if you contracted the virus and or ended up in the hospital for something else. You want the so called security of being able to stay in Canada , then be proactive in getting health insurance. That’s not Canada’s responsibility

NINA_777

Sep 2, 2020
I’d be more terrified of the potentially massive medical bill you WOULD get if you contracted the virus and or ended up in the hospital for something else. You want the so called security of being able to stay in Canada , then be proactive in getting health insurance. That’s not Canada’s responsibility
I’m aware of that I got insurance but I also barely leave the house and I only contact two people outside of the household. Thanks