+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got approved by Canada Visa Office in Chandigarh this month?

shubham31196

Mar 9, 2018
Hi shubham, congrates for ur visa.
this is regarding my younger brother. he did his b.tech last year with few backlogs and IELTS score overall band 6( speaking-7, reading -5.5, speaking-6, writing-6). sp as per ur experience can he apply for study visa
Hi Arvind,
Thank you. I may not be qualified enough to answer this question as I myself is just a student. However, as per instructions on CIC website. He has 5.5 in one of thr modules. He certainly can apply for study visa for non SPP colleges but you might want him to give test again and try to aim 6 each. Do consult some good advisors or consultants in the market affer all they are there to give their expertise.
You can let us know in the forum if you need any other help.

ARVINDATWAL

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
thanks
Hi Arvind,
Thank you. I may not be qualified enough to answer this question as I myself is just a student. However, as per instructions on CIC website. He has 5.5 in one of thr modules. He certainly can apply for study visa for non SPP colleges but you might want him to give test again and try to aim 6 each. Do consult some good advisors or consultants in the market affer all they are there to give their expertise.
You can let us know in the forum if you need any other help.

vivekmehndi

Apr 3, 2018
The visa file was given to VFS on 29 Jan and the CANADA EMBASSY sent an email of starting the process on Feb 12. The review of the application started on March 26 but since then there has been no update on the application.
It has been around 54 days now and 68 days if we calculate from the starting.

I just wanted to know are there any similar cases to mine?

Should I have a degree of worry? Is this unusual?
Hi I also applied on 20th Feb but have not received any update yet. From where did you get the email that your visa is under review ..I did not even get that ..

vivekmehndi

Apr 3, 2018
Thanks
You can google create GCKEY login for Canada Immigration.
Then click on GCKEY Login and make your account and then once you create your account you can link it using your FIRST and LAST name and your college course details.
Thanks Shubham

Isnt there no alternative other than converting online .. what is the below link for which u have mentioned in your one of the replies

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Chandigarh&_ga=2.121010506.371859973.1522236520-795872417.1508930112

Also aren't there any ack mails , updates mails from embassy or immigration office s ?

Thanks for you help

Reactions: Charnjitmalhi

angelpoise

Mar 30, 2018
Hi, just want to ask, have you received an email or any notification from the embassy stating that your visa is approved? I also filed for paper application and the vfs texted me today, that as of 06/04/2018, my passport had already been processed and ready for pickup/courier. I applied last march 6. It only took a month of processing. Still dont know if i got approved or refused.. and still dont receive any notification from them.. i hope to hear from you @shubham31196 TIA

Charnjitmalhi

Mar 22, 2018
Hi, just want to ask, have you received an email or any notification from the embassy stating that your visa is approved? I also filed for paper application and the vfs texted me today, that as of 06/04/2018, my passport had already been processed and ready for pickup/courier. I applied last march 6. It only took a month of processing. Still dont know if i got approved or refused.. and still dont receive any notification from them.. i hope to hear from you @shubham31196 TIA
In Which vfs
Plz asked me when you received your passport and what's result bcz i applied on 15 march

Last edited:

shubham31196

Mar 9, 2018
Thanks

Thanks Shubham

Isnt there no alternative other than converting online .. what is the below link for which u have mentioned in your one of the replies

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Chandigarh&_ga=2.121010506.371859973.1522236520-795872417.1508930112

Also aren't there any ack mails , updates mails from embassy or immigration office s ?

Thanks for you help
Hi Arvind,
Sorry for reply late on the forum. I was busy during the weekend.
As such now, there are no alternatives towards knowing your file status. You can only know it after linking your paper application to the online account that is also possible only if you have first and last name on your passport. These days linking it online is having another problem and clients are not able to get POE/Letter of Approval which as per Immigration's website is needed to enter Canada.
That is the only thing we can do from our side.

shubham31196

Mar 9, 2018
hi Angelpoise,
Sorry for replying late on your query. VFS sends those emails when something changes on your file. The text that you received states that they have made a decision and there is just one way to know before collecting your passport and that is to link your paper application to the online account.
Other than that, you will only get to know if you or your respective agent gets an approval email from them or else when you or your agent gets the passports and see's the Visa counterfoil/stamp.

shubham31196

Mar 9, 2018
I applied online for student visa on 8feb 2018 for may intake
Still waiting for response from cic..
Can anyone suggest me something???
It has been so long for you Navpreet.
Did you fill up the communication form which is available on their website?
Please do that. I am not sure how it will help you but it is worth trying rather than doing nothing. We are getting closer to the start dates and I am afraid that Immigration is not doing things on the basis of who applied first will get first. They're picking files on random basis. Some people who applied in March already got their visas and some people from February are still waiting which is odd.
Try to link your application online so that you can see on which step you are currently sitting at.

shubham31196

Mar 9, 2018
Others, please let us know who else got their status updates? Please share your profiles with us it gives a better idea to others.