+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got approved by Canada Visa Office in Chandigarh this month?

May 28, 2017
Hello All

This one is for a friend.

He recently applied for a study visa to Canada and got a refusal. The reason for refusal is "Grounds for refusal:
You have submitted documentation which lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished the overall credibility of your submission."

But the fact is that he submitted all authentic documents attested by Notary. He passed his secondary school in 2016 and applied for a relevant course in an approved college. Here is a list of documents he sent,

1. 10th (Punjab School Education Board)

2. +2 (Punjab School Education Board)
3.One year diploma in Tele Marketing (D. Link Computer Institute)

4. IELTS

5.Passport

6. GIC certificate

7.College offer and acceptance letter

8.His mother's affidavit, stating his financial sponsorship

9.His uncle's affidavit, stating his financial sponsorship

10. Income tax returns of his uncle and mom

11. Medical

And this is for sure that all above mentioned documents are actually authentic and verifiable. There is no such information or documentation passed to cic which is misleading or untrue but still his document or documents are considered unauthentic.

Furthermore, the refusal email states that, "This application is closed. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest that you do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit."

In addition to it I have read at some online forums that some people who were refused for student visa on these grounds were later accused for misrepresentation on second attempt and face a ban. But this guy has submitted all authentic documents with a clear Statement of Purpose.

My questions here is, should he reapply? And if so, what new information should he add as his situation has not changed at all.

I would highly appreciate your help. The poor lad is shattered without any fault.

shubham31196

Mar 9, 2018
Hello All

This one is for a friend.

He recently applied for a study visa to Canada and got a refusal. The reason for refusal is "Grounds for refusal:
You have submitted documentation which lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished the overall credibility of your submission."

But the fact is that he submitted all authentic documents attested by Notary. He passed his secondary school in 2016 and applied for a relevant course in an approved college. Here is a list of documents he sent,

1. 10th (Punjab School Education Board)

2. +2 (Punjab School Education Board)
3.One year diploma in Tele Marketing (D. Link Computer Institute)

4. IELTS

5.Passport

6. GIC certificate

7.College offer and acceptance letter

8.His mother's affidavit, stating his financial sponsorship

9.His uncle's affidavit, stating his financial sponsorship

10. Income tax returns of his uncle and mom

11. Medical

And this is for sure that all above mentioned documents are actually authentic and verifiable. There is no such information or documentation passed to cic which is misleading or untrue but still his document or documents are considered unauthentic.

Furthermore, the refusal email states that, "This application is closed. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest that you do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit."

In addition to it I have read at some online forums that some people who were refused for student visa on these grounds were later accused for misrepresentation on second attempt and face a ban. But this guy has submitted all authentic documents with a clear Statement of Purpose.

My questions here is, should he reapply? And if so, what new information should he add as his situation has not changed at all.

I would highly appreciate your help. The poor lad is shattered without any fault.
Hi Shivam,
My humble condolence to your friend who had to suffer this fate. Now this issue seems very odd and rare as per my own experience but to be honest when it comes to Immigration, it falls back to just them. Now please tell me some more details about his application.
(I am not a qualified Immigration consultant, I am just a student who has done some research in the background)
Did he apply under SPP Category or was it a NON SPP college?
What course did he choose to pursue?
Were the gaps shown in the file were supported with enough evidence and proofs?
If he had already submitted GIC Certificate, then what was the need to submit Uncle and Mother's affidavit?
How many bands did he get in IELTS and was he qualifying under SPP category?

What can you do:
As you have already mentioned that if you reapply with the same scenario, probably it is going to be refused again without any positive hopes. However, as the refusal letter does not mention clearly what are the ground and this should be very vague to say that the application just simply lacks authenticity. You can actually request IRCC to send you the copy of the actual file (which has the notes completed by an IMMIGRATION OFFICER) on their end. That will have all the clear notes stated by the case officer that why the file has been refused. This will give you an opportunity to focus on that matter rather than just trying to explain something which is even not needed.

According to me, this is is the only best method and gives you immense points to reapply. Sometimes the issue is not that huge which the refusal letter makes it. Please follow this, consult with a good immigration lawyer who can go ahead and request a copy of the file or do it yourself (You know how trustable Indian lawyers are) and then go from there. It may take a few weeks time to get the copy but it is definitely worth it.

If you need any further help, feel free to post it here.

Cheers.