+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got approval for ICT WP applied in August from US?

Biriyan

Oct 7, 2020
Was pretty straightforward. Flew in to Toronto, at the first immigration desk they check your visa, customs declaration form and send you on to another section for the work permit. I was asked for the letter of approval, employer offer letter, quarantine plan and provided with the work permit 5-10 mins later. For customs, I had a goods to follow list ready for stamping but the officer told me that it only applies to PR holders (and possibly work permits longer than 36 months). Took an airport taxi and checked into an AirBnB after that.

Haven't fully solved for the SIN & bank account yet. There is going to be a total lockdown in ON after boxing day (26th). Also, there is some discussion around the 14 day quarantine getting replaced with a COVID test on arrival in YYZ and a 2-day quarantine (if negative). Something to look into for people who are planning their travel in the coming weeks. Hope this helps.
Thanks TonyAx for the update. This is helpful

TonyAx

Aug 11, 2020
Thank you for the detailed information. Did u apply for the SIN inside the airport? If yes what documents did u submit?
There isn't an option to apply for SIN in the airport anymore. It has to be done online or in-person after the quarantine period

bl05

Aug 17, 2020
There isn't an option to apply for SIN in the airport anymore. It has to be done online or in-person after the quarantine period
Hi TonyAx,
Sorry for disturbing TonyAx. A quick question. After quarantine how long does it take for you to get the SIN? and also will the employer credit the salary without SIN(as my pay comes twice a month). Any ideas and recommendations from you appreciated.