+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone going thru the port-of-spain, trinidad office???

unstopable1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
The end is almost here but its still furstrating and alot of faith is required. My application for spouse sponsership started to process in POS office 26th Aug 2009. A few weeks ago after I saw on ecas that a decision has been made on my application. The interview was horrible as the immigration officer was only instigating that my marrage was just for papers even though there were many proof by pic's bills, phone, emails, letters, money transfers etc.

All I can tell everyone going through POS is that its long and trying but keep the faith and believe no matter what the outcome may be. I am hoping to get the letter of my decision soon, and hoping and praying that it will be a positive one so I can finally be with my husband and start a life together. Even though I may have to redo a medical bec my medical expired in May 6th I'll still be satisfied to know that the process is well on its way to reunite this blisted heart.

All the best all POS peoples.
Bless
KNY

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Unstopable, I am very happy that you are near the end of the process.

Our applications started processing around the same time last year. Where are you from? What sort of questions has the IO asked pertaining to the relationship?

Did the IO give any hints as to whether he/she will be putting in a few good words on your application?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

POS told me in email that my file is in queue for an interview.

God, I can't wait to get this over and done with.

Good luck to you and please let me know the decision of your application.

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
Royal T, Stressed Wife, GT:

Our situations are all somewhat similar.

My application was sent to Missisauga the second week of May to sponsor my husband in Guyana. Like you Royal T, I sent everything in all at once including payment. Based on your experiences, I anticipate hearing from them by the end of June.

:)

Good luck ladies!

unstopable1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Hi confusednscared

Thanks for the support now let me see how best I can put your mind at ease ;).

The IO asked every possible question you can find online about immigration interview questions. In addition she asked questions that was specific to my application. Every interview is different depending on the case. If you are a clean case, meaning first time application, no history in Canada, never been sponsored, ur spouse never sponsored anyone before, no previous marrage, no kids before etc, it will be a clean shot that you will get through easily. The IO did not give any hints whatsoever to me. She was very strict and as I mentioned before if I have to trust the IO I'll be going insane now, its faith and god I trust in to know that everything will work out. :)

One advise I can give to you is, in the interview don't lie at all, be honest, and no matter what it can't be hold against you. OK. If you keep anything or try to they may not approve the application and deem it to be mis leading.

Don't worry everything will be ok. I will soon let you the decision on my application. Hoping to get the letter this week with good news too.

chow

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Gtboy2010;

I think it's good sign hun that you'll get your visa issued.. Good luck!!

I'm still waiting on approval from POS. dem rass ah wok so slow! me should quit me job in Canada and guh wok fi dem like.. sheesh!

Gtboy2010

Jun 4, 2010
Any advice as to how long it takes to get back your passport IN POS after Interview. I was asked to walked with it what sign does that show? I have not paid PRF can I walk with my draft at the interview even though not requested to do so or can i make it at the GY office?

Any advice accepted

RoyalT

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-05-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
11-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-09-2010
Gtboy2010 said:
Any advice as to how long it takes to get back your passport IN POS after Interview. I was asked to walked with it what sign does that show? I have not paid PRF can I walk with my draft at the interview even though not requested to do so or can i make it at the GY office?

Any advice accepted
I think its a good sign that they've asked you to walk with your PP; and It probably wouldn't hurt to walk with your PRF fee. Even if they will not accept it right then, they will most likely tell you what the next steps are or what you should do; but its better to be prepared which will cut down on any delays.

unstopable1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Gtboy

Whatever doc's they ask you to walk with on day of interview is simply to varify originals. They may keep your PP if everything goes well and they decide that same day that your application is approved. However if you have to redo medical, or your application needs to be discussed by IO's they will give you back your PP. All offices operate differently and from my experence POS is very slow and shows no consideration or care to individuals personal feelings or hurt. they just think about it as a job and a process.

All the best

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
All the best GTboy2010! I'm hoping they issue you the visa right away. Hopefully this is why they request the PP. Good luck!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
GTBOY, welcome aboard .... I have also created another forum that is called Port of Spain office, Trinidad and Tobago ... you can join us there ....

Tell us a little more about your situation. Are you being sponsored? How long have you had to wait to be called for an interview? When was your application submitted to POS?

I don't understand why is it that you have to go to POS for the interview?

You will not be able to leave your PP with the IO because you will need it to travel back unless you are planning on staying in TT for a longer period of time.

Let us know more details about your application.

Thanks and best wishes!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
GTBOY, ur inbox is full .. here is my response to you msg

Hey man,

Sorry I didn't read your message earlier.

I don't quite understand why they are asking for the interview in POS? What is your situation? A little more details would help me understand how your process can end up working.

As per my knowledge in the POS office, they are very slow. You will probably be needing your PP to travel back to GT so I would try to point that out to the IO. PPs return can take quite sometime depending on the complexity of your application and other verification issues the VO need to sort out before finalizing your application and issuing the visa.

Walking with your PP at the interview could mean a great sign but you have to elaborate a little more on your application, category, etc. Was there any past immigration history for you in Canada, etc?

When is your interview scheduled for?

My application has been in process at POS since Aug 2009 and still haven't heard any news for an interview. They have told me via email that my file is in queue for an interview. CAIPS notes showed that there hasn't been any activity on my file since September so I am thinking I may have a long road still to wait.

I suggest you pay your RPRF but I think it would be a little too late to stress about that. Had you done this about 4-5 months prior to your interview it would have made a big difference. Keep in mind that the processing of RPRF takes around 2 months to get sorted out. It first needs to be sent to CPC-M and then back to POS for processing.

Why don't you get your spouse in Canada to pay the fees online, send it to CPC-M and also fax a copy down to POS with all your information. Then, you can also bring a copy of the receipt with you at the interview to show the IO that the fee has been paid and is in it's processing stage. To avoid confusion now, I would wait until the IO asks seeing that the interview is just around the corner.

I hope this helps and please do share your timeline and other information relating to your case.

Best wishes,
Confusednscared :)