Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Venting...

Why is my freaking application delayed? Why? My spouse is AMERICAN. I am Canadian by birth. No kids, no representative, no criminal record, no extras and no red flags. We've been in a relationship for 3 years, and married for 6 months - we provided CIC with the perfect amount of solid evidence to prove it; Not too much and not too little. I thought our application would be a breeze! I honestly sincerely believed that! What the hell CIC? Why haven't I received SA yet - it's 1 MONTH LATE? I call CIC, and the reps just tell me they don't know and they'll send CIC a reminder. That was a week ago. I try to call today and I go through all the options, just at the very end of it all, to be told, "We are experiencing a high volume of calls..." and it hangs up, it doesn't even put me on hold? WTF CIC? Wtf is the hold up?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Fine, hold me up, but at least tell me why? Communicate with me? Send me a delayed email? I'll understand?!

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
Mine was delayed too, have faith! Trust me I know it seems like it will never happen! We called CIC and emailed numerous times and never got responses. I think we finally got SA on day 76 or so.

I'm sure the holidays aren't helping it go any faster. I hope you get the email soon!!

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
SuiGeneris said:
Venting...

Why is my freaking application delayed? Why? My spouse is AMERICAN. I am Canadian by birth. No kids, no representative, no criminal record, no extras and no red flags. We've been in a relationship for 3 years, and married for 6 months - we provided CIC with the perfect amount of solid evidence to prove it; Not too much and not too little. I thought our application would be a breeze! I honestly sincerely believed that! What the hell CIC? Why haven't I received SA yet - it's 1 MONTH LATE? I call CIC, and the reps just tell me they don't know and they'll send CIC a reminder. That was a week ago. I try to call today and I go through all the options, just at the very end of it all, to be told, "We are experiencing a high volume of calls..." and it hangs up, it doesn't even put me on hold? WTF CIC? Wtf is the hold up?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Fine, hold me up, but at least tell me why? Communicate with me? Send me a delayed email? I'll understand?!
go ahead and vent................

Yes my friend I totally understand what your saying !! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have red flags on my file, so I can understand why the delay - but you don't have red flags on your file so I don't under why you haven't heard by now either.

I called CIC yesterday and got through within 5 minutes. I was told I'm pass the process time, and the guy checked my file, only to tell me.... "they are still going through my file" and I should hear something within two week .....yeah right CIC - 2 more weeks - that's in sane !!!! :( :(

I also know from the October thread lots of people already received their AOR and SA, so I don't know what's up - I know you SuiGeneris are from September 2015 applicant ......., so your wait is ridiculous !!!! I would say :(

SuiGeneris you and I both received AOR same day and I'm hoping any day now we will hear something. - its ok to vent - I totally understand how you feel !!!

I call everyday and I'm not going to stop calling them, I also sent in case spec to find out about my file -( still awaiting for those results too).

keep the faith !! and lets hope it's around the corner:)

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
carr1 said:
Mine was delayed too, have faith! Trust me I know it seems like it will never happen! We called CIC and emailed numerous times and never got responses. I think we finally got SA on day 76 or so.

I'm sure the holidays aren't helping it go any faster. I hope you get the email soon!!
hi carr1

congrats on your SA - finally

did they send it by email or mail ???

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
needhimback said:
hi carr1

congrats on your SA - finally

did they send it by email or mail ???
Thanks :) it came by email to my husband who is sponsoring me.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
SuiGeneris said:
Venting...

We had a very straightforward case as well and our SA was late. Here's what I did - once it was late, I called the call center, always as early in the morning as possible, which helped with getting through. Just call once a week (doing it more than that doesn't do much good) and always remain as calm as possible - it really does help with a representative and their willingness to do whatever checking they can. It took 5 weeks of calling like that to finally have an agent tell me that the file was sent to Ottawa prematurely and that it had to be sent back to Mississauga. On the 6th week we got SA.

No telling whether it delayed the rest of the process, but based on when other people who applied around the same time went to a final decision made on the application side, it was at worst a couple of weeks.

I know you are frustrated - believe me, I was too. But I tried to be as polite on the phone as possible, and when I called, I always just said we were late in getting SA and didn't give them too much additional information about my previous calls or what other agents said because I wanted to make sure the agent I got that day on the phone did a check on their own.

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
GUYS!! !!!!!!!!!!! GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST RECEIVED SA LITERALLY THIS SECOND MY HEART DROPPED THANK GOD. I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE. ;D :D :D :p :) Thank you for all the support and shoulders and ears. And needhimback, please keep us posted. I think the holidays could have something t to do with the delays!!!!!!!! !!!!

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
SuiGeneris said:
GUYS!! !!!!!!!!!!! GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST RECEIVED SA LITERALLY THIS SECOND MY HEART DROPPED THANK GOD. I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE. ;D :D :D :p :) Thank you for all the support and shoulders and ears. And needhimback, please keep us posted. I think the holidays could have something t to do with the delays!!!!!!!! !!!!
OMG OMG my friend thank you God !!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm so freaking happy for you right now

Your now on your way ✈✈ Hip hip huray!!!

I hope you are right my friend about my SA - I will patiently continue to wait, it's so frustrating !!

Good luck my friend keep me Posted, you can find me in the October 2015 thread

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
SuiGeneris said:
Sound the trumpet!!! OMG!! That is such AMAZING news SuiGeneris!! I am over the top soo happy for you. ;D ;D

Needhimback!! You are next my friend!! It will happen soon for you and we will be soo happy for you. :D :D

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
SuiGeneris said:
Congratulations!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
TracyCa64 said:
Sound the trumpet!!! OMG!! That is such AMAZING news SuiGeneris!! I am over the top soo happy for you. ;D ;D

Needhimback!! You are next my friend!! It will happen soon for you and we will be soo happy for you. :D :D
Awesome! Happy New year :)

canusa13

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 23-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
27-11-2015
Interview........
DM 20-04-2016
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 02-05-2016
SuiGeneris said:
Woohoo! Awesome! Happy New Year :)