+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from the Advertising Industry?

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hey,

I recently received an ITA. My score is 463. I don't yet have a job offer from Canada. I will be submitting my final application in the next few weeks. Meanwhile I'm starting to feel a bit angsty about not having a job. I took the help of a consultant in India and that turned out to be a waste of money. As all she did was enlist me on the many job portals in Canada which in hindsight I could've done too. And that didn't even land me an interview or a shortlist or even a display of interest. But I'm not surprised because that's how it goes in advertising. People rarely hire through job portals. So it'd help if I knew the success rate of landing a job after landing in Canada. And which province is best for my circumstances.

I feel a bit lost as far as a job is concerned as I haven't met anyone in advertising migrating to Canada or even heard of such a thing. So, if there's someone out there who's advertising and can shed some light/hope on this subject, that'd be much appreciated.

Cheers!

thecalmestsea

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2017
I do corp comms/editorial/PR work back home, but haven't applied for EE yet cuz still getting the paperwork sorted.
I'm interested in knowing how the industry as a whole treats 'foreigners' too.

LinkedIn looks to have more job prospects than the portals. Maybe a good place to start 'networking' too.

gseran

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Oh I see. Thanks you the reply. I'll update this thread if I happen to gather new information on this subject.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Hey,

I recently received an ITA. My score is 463. I don't yet have a job offer from Canada. I will be submitting my final application in the next few weeks. Meanwhile I'm starting to feel a bit angsty about not having a job. I took the help of a consultant in India and that turned out to be a waste of money. As all she did was enlist me on the many job portals in Canada which in hindsight I could've done too. And that didn't even land me an interview or a shortlist or even a display of interest. But I'm not surprised because that's how it goes in advertising. People rarely hire through job portals. So it'd help if I knew the success rate of landing a job after landing in Canada. And which province is best for my circumstances.

I feel a bit lost as far as a job is concerned as I haven't met anyone in advertising migrating to Canada or even heard of such a thing. So, if there's someone out there who's advertising and can shed some light/hope on this subject, that'd be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Hi, hope that you are still active here.
Just wanted to check how things worked out so far. I am from Media sales and marketing. Currently a consultant and looking for better opportunities. Would love to connect.
thanks.