+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Sweden who's done the medical?

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

Im just about getting ready to send of me and my husbands application so I can move to Canada with him. I'm getting my medical exam done next week and is starting to feel a little nervouse about it cause I just dont know what to expect. Can anyone who's done their medical here in Sweden tell me about their experience? Im getting mine done at Sibyllekliniken in Stockholm, anyone who had theirs done there? What was it like? What did they do and how long did it take?

I'd be so happy if someone can ease my nerves!

Thanks a bunch!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
mrs.sweden said:
Hi everyone!

Im just about getting ready to send of me and my husbands application so I can move to Canada with him. I'm getting my medical exam done next week and is starting to feel a little nervouse about it cause I just dont know what to expect. Can anyone who's done their medical here in Sweden tell me about their experience? Im getting mine done at Sibyllekliniken in Stockholm, anyone who had theirs done there? What was it like? What did they do and how long did it take?

I'd be so happy if someone can ease my nerves!

Thanks a bunch!
I would think all the physicals are the same everywhere. My husband had a chest X-ray looking for TB, though TB isn't a problem in the USA.

A quick run down, it's a vial or two of blood to look for HIV, Hepatitis and syphilis, a little cup of urine to look for proteins or sugars, a chest Xray, a picture to assure you match your ID submitted and pictures submitted to CIC, a quick eye exam by reading an eye chart and the basics of an annual physical i.e. listening to the heart etc. I was surprised at how easy it was for both my husband and son. Good luck, relax and breath deep ;)

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saria1 said:
I would think all the physicals are the same everywhere. My husband had a chest X-ray looking for TB, though TB isn't a problem in the USA.

A quick run down, it's a vial or two of blood to look for HIV, Hepatitis and syphilis, a little cup of urine to look for proteins or sugars, a chest Xray, a picture to assure you match your ID submitted and pictures submitted to CIC, a quick eye exam by reading an eye chart and the basics of an annual physical i.e. listening to the heart etc. I was surprised at how easy it was for both my husband and son. Good luck, relax and breath deep ;)
Thank you for your reply! Very nice of you! :)

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
mrs.sweden said:
Thank you for your reply! Very nice of you! :)
My pleasure. I was extremely nervous prior to the physical regarding my son. I was rather pleased with how painless the procedure was for him. We spent more time filling out the mini mountain of paperwork at the Dr's office, then the entire physical for the two took. :D

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saria1 said:
My pleasure. I was extremely nervous prior to the physical regarding my son. I was rather pleased with how painless the procedure was for him. We spent more time filling out the mini mountain of paperwork at the Dr's office, then the entire physical for the two took. :D
This is def music to my ears! Im so glad it all was a good experience for you and your family! :) I guess the only thing Im nervouse about is the fact that I have pretty bad vision and need glasses or contacts to be able to see or the faqt that I carry a few extra pounds, lol ;) But Im gonna try to stop beeing nervouse now ;)

rabzodemorayh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@mrs sweden

how much did it cost you btw? we're in norway and it is cheaper here than in the US, but i was just wondering...

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Bad eyesight and being overweight will not be an issue. If you are being sponsored by your husband, medical issues are not a reason to reject your application (unless you have something that is a danger to public health or safety).

Spun

Jun 20, 2014
mrs.sweden said:
I guess the only thing Im nervouse about is the fact that I have pretty bad vision and need glasses or contacts to be able to see or the faqt that I carry a few extra pounds, lol ;)
Same here, and my medical was fine - they didn't even mention the fact I was overweight or my poor vision! :)