fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
It would have been better if you posted the actual question. Yes I have only recently moved out of Quebec (after living there a few years) and my family is still there for a few months. So that should qualify

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
fkl said:
It would have been better if you posted the actual question. Yes I have only recently moved out of Quebec (after living there a few years) and my family is still there for a few months. So that should qualify
I couldnt find anyone from Quebec in the other sections of this forum.
Are you still in Canada ? We are moving to Quebec this year (FSW) and because we dont know anyone there, would be great if we can get a head start and know someone. Are you on whats app by any chance ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Yes I am still in canada but west coast now at vancouver. Feel free to ask any questions.

jappa

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
02-02-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
fkl said:
Yes I am still in canada but west coast now at vancouver. Feel free to ask any questions.
I am concerned about children education, because we were from India and obviously with English Medium school, is it possible to get admission to English Medium school in Quebec, someone mentioned in this forum that it will be expensive , please give us idea and options

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
If you are an immigrant and want to send your children to an English school in Quebec, you'll have to send them to private school, which indeed is pricey. You can only send your children to an English public school here if at least one of the parents completed their elementary education at an English public school in Canada.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Marlee said:
If you are an immigrant and want to send your children to an English school in Quebec, you'll have to send them to private school, which indeed is pricey. You can only send your children to an English public school here if at least one of the parents completed their elementary education at an English public school in Canada.
True, although if you come to Quebec on a work permit, you are eligible for English schools (my kids went there for almost two years now). However, they state that once you are a PR you have to send them to French public school.

Though there is another law that once your kid studied at English school for at least a year, they might be able to continue. I haven't tested this last part since we are already moving out of QC.

Another option is to choose Semi private schools instead of full private. The cost difference is almost one 4th. A full private might cost around 20k per annum per kid vs 5k for a semi private.

jappa

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
02-02-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
fkl said:
True, although if you come to Quebec on a work permit, you are eligible for English schools (my kids went there for almost two years now). However, they state that once you are a PR you have to send them to French public school.

Though there is another law that once your kid studied at English school for at least a year, they might be able to continue. I haven't tested this last part since we are already moving out of QC.

Another option is to choose Semi private schools instead of full private. The cost difference is almost one 4th. A full private might cost around 20k per annum per kid vs 5k for a semi private.
"Though there is another law that once your kid studied at English school for at least a year, they might be able to continue" This means for the initial year we send private or semi private school and then completing one year minimum study , can we send to English Public school?
"

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
jappa said:
"Though there is another law that once your kid studied at English school for at least a year, they might be able to continue" This means for the initial year we send private or semi private school and then completing one year minimum study , can we send to English Public school?
"
Unfortunately, they already prevented this. Year spent at a private English school or something does not qualify. It has to be one of some "A list" school which are like one of the schools of one of English boards and not a private school.

I remember recently reading this in the news or something.