+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal/Quebec for CEC join here

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Thank you so much for the prompt revert. You are right. Indeed, CSQ is a tedious and time-consuming process. I rather wait for EE result; and, if it goes south, I will think about CSQ. Meanwhile, I have started looking for a job outside Quebec. EE is a pretty straightforward process however, it raises your anxiety to another level.
Rather prefer high anxiety for maybe 6 months, you will know the decision by then.

Quebec process is so messed up and uncertain that it takes 2-3 years of anxiety, depression and low quality of life. Interim work permit renewal is another slow process because of Quebec's strange work permit rules. You cannot trust Quebec MIDI to do anything right nowadays. In addition to that, Federal stage is now 15 months delayed. So its better to fail now than fail late. There is no misrepresentation. Even CIC sites says this :-

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=382&top=29

Can I apply under the Canadian Experience Class if I am currently living in Quebec and I plan to live elsewhere in Canada?
Yes. You can apply and count your work experience in Quebec.

Just prove your intentions to live elsewhere in Canada and move out of Quebec once you get your PR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arpatel91

salman87

Mar 1, 2018
Rather prefer high anxiety for maybe 6 months, you will know the decision by then.

Quebec process is so messed up and uncertain that it takes 2-3 years of anxiety, depression and low quality of life. Interim work permit renewal is another slow process because of Quebec's strange work permit rules. You cannot trust Quebec MIDI to do anything right nowadays. In addition to that, Federal stage is now 15 months delayed. So its better to fail now than fail late. There is no misrepresentation. Even CIC sites says this :-

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=382&top=29

Can I apply under the Canadian Experience Class if I am currently living in Quebec and I plan to live elsewhere in Canada?
Yes. You can apply and count your work experience in Quebec.

Just prove your intentions to live elsewhere in Canada and move out of Quebec once you get your PR.
You are right in that they allow us to apply for CEC while in Quebec, but fair warning - you need to show good evidence of your intentions to live elsewhere in Canada, like family connections or valid Job Offer (or some other docs).

I had put in a Letter of Explanation when applying for CEC from Quebec (in Dec). But they had sent me a Procedural Fairness Letter to prove intentions to reside outside Quebec. Thankfully we had moved to Toronto by then and I got some documents changed to show residency in Toronto, so I was able to send them quickly (they had given only a week's time to reply, otherwise it would've been rejected).

Having said that, it depends on the caseworker to decide whether or not to ask for additional information and based on the documents provided.

At the moment my ADR shows "Not Applicable", atleast it's better than "We are reviewing the additional docs you provided".

My two cents :)

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
You are right in that they allow us to apply for CEC while in Quebec, but fair warning - you need to show good evidence of your intentions to live elsewhere in Canada, like family connections or valid Job Offer (or some other docs).

I had put in a Letter of Explanation when applying for CEC from Quebec (in Dec). But they had sent me a Procedural Fairness Letter to prove intentions to reside outside Quebec. Thankfully we had moved to Toronto by then and I got some documents changed to show residency in Toronto, so I was able to send them quickly (they had given only a week's time to reply, otherwise it would've been rejected).

Having said that, it depends on the caseworker to decide whether or not to ask for additional information and based on the documents provided.

At the moment my ADR shows "Not Applicable", atleast it's better than "We are reviewing the additional docs you provided".

My two cents :)
Right. The letter of intention have to be convincing enough. Depends on visa officer plus your history in Canada too.

1. Like were you a student in Quebec ? Students less chance.
2. How long was your stay in Quebec ? The shorter the better.
3. Is your letter of intention well drafted and notarized ? Notarized the better.
4. Closed work permit - More chances, because you cannot move out to prove your intention.

But I wonder how you moved out, If you are on a closed work permit ? Its a chicken and egg problem. They want proof of intention not to reside in Quebec. But how can a closed work permit person move out of Quebec ? He cannot work right ?

salman87

Mar 1, 2018
Right. The letter of intention have to be convincing enough. Depends on visa officer plus your history in Canada too.

3. Is your letter of intention well drafted and notarized ? Notarized the better.
4. Closed work permit - More chances, because you cannot move out to prove your intention.

But I wonder how you moved out, If you are on a closed work permit ? Its a chicken and egg problem. They want proof of intention not to reside in Quebec. But how can a closed work permit person move out of Quebec ? He cannot work right ?
Was on closed work permit, yes..so it was a difficult decision to quit job n move to toronto. But thankfully my wife is working here, so we can manage for now.

The main point, though, is that if we are sill working in quebec, we will need a strong letter with proof to show our intention to move out..

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Was on closed work permit, yes..so it was a difficult decision to quit job n move to toronto. But thankfully my wife is working here, so we can manage for now.

The main point, though, is that if we are sill working in quebec, we will need a strong letter with proof to show our intention to move out..
Can you share what steps you took to prove intention other than moving out and proofs you submitted ? Was you letter notarized ?
Also can you share your timeline please. This will be beneficial for future applicants too.

My proofs I gave when I applied are:

1. Job application letters.
2. Wife cannot find job due to French.
3. Cannot progress in my career because of French.
4. Work permit expiring soon.
5. Did not claim LMIA points for EE application.

I notarized the letter too.

My timeline is : AOR April 14th 2018, MEP & IP2 since April 20.
Till now no documents asked. Its very early to say though.

salman87

Mar 1, 2018
Can you share what steps you took to prove intention other than moving out and proofs you submitted ? Was you letter notarized ?
Also can you share your timeline please. This will be beneficial for future applicants too.

My proofs I gave when I applied are:

1. Job application letters.
2. Wife cannot find job due to French.
3. Cannot progress in my career because of French.
4. Work permit expiring soon.
5. Did not claim LMIA points for EE application.

I notarized the letter too.

My timeline is : AOR April 14th 2018, MEP & IP2 since April 20.
Till now no documents asked. Its very early to say though.
Updated my Signature, so timelines should show in every comment :)

For the proof of intention to reside outside quebec i showed the following ( these were sent this week btw):
1. Drivers licence registered to Ontario
2. letter stating Wife's work
3. Wife's drivers licence (G1)
4. Bank statement, with residence address on it.

If these doesn't cut it, I don't know what else :|

Was you letter notarized ?
No my letter wasn't notarized, because I did not have any such documents to show my intention to reside outside quebec, other than the fact that my wife couldn't find work due to French concerns, and that it was difficult for us to integrate into society due to French.

Reactions: cherti

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Updated my Signature, so timelines should show in every comment :)

For the proof of intention to reside outside quebec i showed the following ( these were sent this week btw):
1. Drivers licence registered to Ontario
2. letter stating Wife's work
3. Wife's drivers licence (G1)
4. Bank statement, with residence address on it.

If these doesn't cut it, I don't know what else :|

No my letter wasn't notarized, because I did not have any such documents to show my intention to reside outside quebec, other than the fact that my wife couldn't find work due to French concerns, and that it was difficult for us to integrate into society due to French.
Didn't you include your resignation letter from the employer in Quebec ? That letter would have been a strong one.

Ella1985

Jun 2, 2018

Hi bro. I am now on the same boat. I got the MEP and IP2 on June 1. Could you let me know your current status in the EE system?

balaprasad123

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Submitted PR docs under CEC on may 25.
Came to Vancouver as student in sep 2015 then started working in Vancouver from sep 2016 to April 2018.So based on these I got invitation for PR.
Now I am in visitor status and out of work.Meanwhile I accepted a job offer from Montreal.Currently LMIA process is going on and will get work permit by June end.
Mentioned my Vancouver address as my mailing address in PR.
Now my question is will I face any issues with my PR application since I am going to reside in Montreal.I know it depends on VO but like to get ppls advice.

Thanks in advance

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Submitted PR docs under CEC on may 25.
Came to Vancouver as student in sep 2015 then started working in Vancouver from sep 2016 to April 2018.So based on these I got invitation for PR.
Now I am in visitor status and out of work.Meanwhile I accepted a job offer from Montreal.Currently LMIA process is going on and will get work permit by June end.
Mentioned my Vancouver address as my mailing address in PR.
Now my question is will I face any issues with my PR application since I am going to reside in Montreal.I know it depends on VO but like to get ppls advice.

Thanks in advance
This thread explains that. You can go thru this and many other threads which discusses the same question. The main problem is intent not to reside in Quebec. Like you said, it depends on VO and the proofs you submit.