+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal/Quebec for CEC join here

kumarv

May 22, 2014
You said you came here in March 2014 first week. So you'll be eligible to apply for CEC only in March 2015, as the requirement is atleast 12 months of full time experience. Even if you work 80 hrs a week, that does not makes you eligible to apply after 6 months of experience even if you have total of more than 1560 hrs..

Also, starting Jan 2015, Express Entry system will be launched and noone except CIC knows how it's going to impact CEC program... You can also check other programs or provincial nominees that you may be eligible for... Others can guide you more regarding this..

naresh2020 said:
Hi Friends,

I am working in Quebec, I landed here on March first week 2014 , I will be having 1600 Hours of work experience in dec '14 and my company can send me back in Jan of Feb. I saw in CIC site that for CEC class the total hours should be 1560 Hours. Can I apply in CEC in January '15 ?

Pls help .. I awaiting for your reply friends.

Thanks

Toby123

Apr 17, 2014
No, you don't have the one year work experience. 1560 hours is only one condition, the other is to work for at least one year. BTW, the CEC will terminate at the end of this year.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Toby123 said:
No, you don't have the one year work experience. 1560 hours is only one condition, the other is to work for at least one year. BTW, the CEC will terminate at the end of this year.
CEC and the other streams will still be there; it's just the initial process of applying that will be different.
For example, if one gets the invitation, then the applicant can use any applicable stream (CEC, FSW,...).

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Let's keep all Montreal/Quebec related posts to this thread.

Some recent update from a CEC applicant:

srinivasarao said:
Hi,
I got my medicals on June 12th 2015
The additional info provided by me is good enough I think.
Thank you all for your suggestions.

I am posting info here, what I submitted for the Immigration in regards to "My intention to move out Quebec.

UCI: xxxxxxx
APPLICATION: xxxxxxx
NAME: SRINIVASARAO ADUSUMALLI
DOB: xxxxxxx
Respected Officer,
I have been asked by you, to provide evidence showing my intention to move out Quebec province. In this regard I am providing you the documents which evidently show my intention is to move out of Quebec province.
Documents included:
1. Letter from Employer:
Knowing the fact that I should move out Quebec, I mentioned to the employer that I am resigning my job once I get my permanent residence.
2. Spouse job applications:
My wife (xxxxxx) has been looking for job since March in Ontario province mostly in Toronto where we intend to live after obtaining Permanent residence.
3. Savings:
So far I saved xxxxx $ through RRSP savings (statement included), where I never owned any property in Quebec and I saved that money to move outside Quebec.
4. Bank Statements:
I have included my bank statements which clearly shows my home branch is still in Toronto and I didn't change as we planned to move to Toronto once we obtain PR.

Apart from the above mentioned
• I have been a resident in Toronto during 2010 – 2012 where I attended Centennial College for Advanced diploma.
• I have good friends in Toronto during my college life. I also have relatives in Toronto and I am looking to move to there to spend my life with them.
• I have no family connections in Quebec and I would like to support my child in near future to attend an English school since none of us speak French.

I hope all the above explained reasons show my clear intention to move out of Quebec province.

Thanks
Srinivasarao Adusumalli.

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Hi, for anyone who have finished PR process and moved back to Quebec, how did you get the CSQ to obtain RAMQ medicare coverage? Please let me know, thanks.

verter

May 28, 2015
Hi, I got letter from CIC demaning evidences of my intentions to live outside Quebec, they allocatated my just 30 days, while I'm still waiting for my BOWP to be approved in order to start working for another employer outside Quebec. So I have to move out in hurry. However, what do you think about the following below questions:

1. Is it risky to respond to the letter in 2-3 weeks?

2. Can I first send proofs of resignation from Quebec employer, lease of storage for my appartment which is already packed, letter from neighbors confirming my intentions, and then in 1-2 weeks when I move send a proof of moving out? In short, can I respond in two parts?

3. If I have letter from employer in another province and add proofs mentioned above, do you think it'll be enough without moving out for now? As fast moving out is the trickiest part.

Thanks in advace.
Regards

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi All,

I am in a tricky situation. I am working in Quebec for an year under temporary work permit.
I applied for CEC from Quebec and claimed Arranged Employment Offer of 50 points, because I have positive LMIA from the same employer that I am currently working for in Quebec.

Now when I consulted a lawyer, he said I cannot claim Arranged Offer Of Employment of 50 points because LMIA of Quebec employer cannot be used to claim 50 points for CEC.

Was anyone in similar situation ?. I know that I need to prove intention of leaving Quebec ( that's another point I am aware of) , but this claim of 50 points is not valid ? Should I remove my Arranged Employment Offer of 50 points and apply ?

MuggleOnline

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi All,

I am in a tricky situation. I am working in Quebec for an year under temporary work permit.
I applied for CEC from Quebec and claimed Arranged Employment Offer of 50 points, because I have positive LMIA from the same employer that I am currently working for in Quebec.

Now when I consulted a lawyer, he said I cannot claim Arranged Offer Of Employment of 50 points because LMIA of Quebec employer cannot be used to claim 50 points for CEC.

Was anyone in similar situation ?. I know that I need to prove intention of leaving Quebec ( that's another point I am aware of) , but this claim of 50 points is not valid ? Should I remove my Arranged Employment Offer of 50 points and apply ?
You definitely won't be able to claim the points, it will also go against the proof of leaving Quebec (if you have a job in Quebec, why would you leave is the VO's thinking). Do you have enough points without it?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
You definitely won't be able to claim the points, it will also go against the proof of leaving Quebec (if you have a job in Quebec, why would you leave is the VO's thinking). Do you have enough points without it?
I have enough points without it. So I will remove that claim of 50 points. Thank you !

Arpatel91

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Applied some weeks back. Waiting. Not sure if I will get it. It was a huge mistake to work in Quebec in the first place.
I received AOR in February 2018. My friends who have applied at the same time from Toronto had gotten their PPR in April. So, I was wondering have I made a big mistake by applying from Quebec?
I should have applied for the CSQ in the first place.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I received AOR in February 2018. My friends who have applied at the same time from Toronto had gotten their PPR in April. So, I was wondering have I made a big mistake by applying from Quebec?
Applying CSQ is even a bigger mistake with the current refugee situation in Quebec which is putting a heavy toll on MIDI's resources.

We are seeing CSQ wait times are more than an year now. Federal stage after CSQ is now 15 months, before it was 12.
So you will be waiting more than 2 years minimum that is if there are no screw ups from MIDI or your paper process at Federal stage.
So it depends on personal priorities. Are you ready to wait ? Do you really want to settle in Quebec ?
I see there are some CSQ's issued recently for applicants AOR Nov 2016 and 2 applicants AOR Jan 2017. Totally random.

For PPR times, don't compare it with your friends. PPR times vary based on many parameters and there is no predictable pattern. I know 3 people who applied from Quebec and one got PPR within 21 days and others after 4-5 months.

On the other side, many who applied in CEC class outside Quebec also have wait times near to 4 or 6 months. So, I don't think there is any logical connection with your wait time just because you applied from Quebec.

Reactions: Arpatel91

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Also do not worry much about your PR EE application. My logic is, suppose EE gets rejected, its not misrepresentation so it wont have any detrimental effect on your file in future. In case EE gets rejected, you can apply for CSQ and take the slow scenic route via Quebec. OR move out of Quebec by getting a job outside Quebec and apply EE again.

Reactions: Arpatel91

Arpatel91

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Also do not worry much about your PR EE application. My logic is, suppose EE gets rejected, its not misrepresentation so it wont have any detrimental effect on your file in future. In case EE gets rejected, you can apply for CSQ and take the slow scenic route via Quebec. OR move out of Quebec by getting a job outside Quebec and apply EE again.
Thank you so much for the prompt revert. You are right. Indeed, CSQ is a tedious and time-consuming process. I rather wait for EE result; and, if it goes south, I will think about CSQ. Meanwhile, I have started looking for a job outside Quebec. EE is a pretty straightforward process however, it raises your anxiety to another level.

Reactions: wuyuenaixi