+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal/Quebec for CEC join here

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
kumarv said:
Hi jeeks2012,

I'm in the same situation that you've already faced, so i believe your experience could help many of us... I've applied in April and i am working in Montreal. You mentioned that you submitted a letter from your manager that you will be moving as of April 1 and only when you moved, CIC sent you the PPR request. How did you managed to move before getting the PR? Did you had an Open work permit ?

Bcoz in my case, i've a closed work permit with my quebec employer, so i can't work outside quebec and move unless i get PR or open work permit..
I was also on closed work-permit but my employer have office and team in Ottawa so I was able to move to Ottawa, in my work-permit there was no location mentioned(only employer name mentioned, so I could work anywhere from canada but only with that particular employer). By the time I moved out of Quebec I got the Bridging Open work-permit.
I think You can mention that you cannot move-out of Quebec due to restriction in Workpermit and if the Employer says they will move you out once you got the PR then I think it should be OK.

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
aditya7 said:
Hello: First of All thanks for responses.
1) I have a closed WP, so no one is able to give me a job in other province ( employers ask me to have a PR). I guess right now, I cannot legally get a rental agreement as well). Hopefully the letters from various employers (stating they can offer me job after PR) , plus Letter from my current employer ( stating he will look to move me to ontario after PR) are valid to state intent.I cannot give you a valid answer for this because it depends on how the VO gets convinced based on your documents

2) I have a confusion about this PR situation. Way i understand, Its a free country and you can move to any where work anywhere after you get a PR ( does not really matter what category , unless its PNP). Correct ? So hypothetically if i stay n Ontario say for a year ( or even a month) and move back to quebec i should be fine correct ?Quebec has its own Immigration process because they have to Protect French, they want each immigrant coming to Quebec should have knowledge in french.. Its their right and that's why they have separate Process than rest of Canada. I dont know about the best way to get back to Quebec, please let me know if you come across a good option(I too wanted to know ;)

3) As for RAMQ, is it true that i can apply for it after i come back to quebec and stay for 3 months ? ( i currently have RAMQ card valid till end of year) . Am i correct ? if not please answer. Not finding specific details in site...RAMQ card will be valid till the date mentioned on it

I called RAMQ, they told once you come back, with your PR, then call them and they can work on it. For RAMQ as per my knowledge they will ask for the CSQ along with COPR or PR card (http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/citizens/health-insurance/registration/Pages/how-to-register.aspx), check the section for "Permanent residents". I think if you have a Job in Quebec and PR then there is an option to apply for CSQ.

As for SIN, t told they will update it with a COPR ( even card is not needed). So i guess i am good there COPR with the signature of the immigration officer is something you gets after the landing, that should be enough for SIN

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi jeeks2012,

thanks for the info you have provided.
just a quick question,how long does it take to get CSQ for someone who is already pr to apply for RAMQ?
is it subject to the same processing time as for applicants who are just applying for CSQ to become permanent residents because if its the case then its
weird for someone who moved to quebec lets say for school,job or lets say a meet a girl there that eventually wants to marry and be with...can't wait that long without health coverage until they get CSQ just cause he/she immigrated through a federal program.
as far as i know people moving out from a different province can apply for RAMQ after 3 months of living in quebec if they can prove physical residence.
the cases i have noted in my earlier posts are not people abusing the system,as a pr you are free to move anywhere within canada.and you can ask how many people land in quebec as PRs through CSQ and right after they move to another province specially west such as alberta and saskatchewan,they don't face any issue to get health care coverage there.

thank you.

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
canadavisa13 said:
Hi jeeks2012,

thanks for the info you have provided.
just a quick question,how long does it take to get CSQ for someone who is already pr to apply for RAMQ?

http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/citizens/health-insurance/registration/Pages/how-to-register.aspx
Permanent residents

The originals of all the following documents:

Permanent Resident Card, or any other document issued by the Canadian immigration authorities attesting to their permanent resident status in Canada
Québec selection certificate, in most cases(i donno in which case anyone can get excuse)

is it subject to the same processing time as for applicants who are just applying for CSQ to become permanent residents because if its the case then its
weird for someone who moved to quebec lets say for school,job or lets say a meet a girl there that eventually wants to marry and be with...can't wait that long without health coverage until they get CSQ just cause he/she immigrated through a federal program.

CSQ based on the PEQ(similar to CEC) Application will be processed less than 20 days, could be something similar to that

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/processing-application.html#time
Processing time

An application deemed complete under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (PEQ – Québec experience program) will receive a priority treatment of 20 days or less.

as far as i know people moving out from a different province can apply for RAMQ after 3 months of living in quebec if they can prove physical residence.
the cases i have noted in my earlier posts are not people abusing the system,as a pr you are free to move anywhere within canada.and you can ask how many people land in quebec as PRs through CSQ and right after they move to another province specially west such as alberta and saskatchewan,they don't face any issue to get health care coverage there.

I too mentioned exactly same situation, I meant people are abusing the System because if Someone came through CSQ then they are supposed to stay quebec until they get citizenship or 3 years(every Quebec immigrant signing a document stating the same along with their Application and anyone brakes that then its kind of abusing the system). People Used Quebec Immigration as an opportunity for entering Canada Instead of work in Quebec(quebec Immigration for the labor shortage in the Quebec, not to enter via Quebec and then immediately leave to western provinces)

I mentioned about the news came in CBC, and they clearly mentioned that people came through Quebec immigration and immediately moving to western provinces hurting their economy and became a liability for them.

“If someone applies to immigrate to a particular province, that is where they are undertaking to reside,” Alexander, who replaced Kenney in last month’s cabinet shuffle, told The Vancouver Sun in a statement.(statement from immigration minister)

read the below news

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Quebec+immigration+program+stiffs/8739039/story.html#ixzz38UIsp6dc

Quebec Immigration is more proactive than Canadian immigration. that's why they are closing the loop holes(increasing the french knowledge test score levels). same way IF people Apply for CEC and Immediately after getting the PR returning to Quebec, then they will stop that option(the might intrduce new rule that people worked in Quebec can only Apply for PEQ not CEC). when CEC introduced 4 or 5 years back CIC was not asking for any proof for moving out of Quebec, in couple of years they were asking some proof(just along with Application) and now they are asking more and more proof to be sure the Applicant will move out of Quebec.

thank you.
One of my friend's friend who had PR and went to montreal after getting a job.. I know she Applied for CSQ based on the job offer, thats the one case I know about moving in to Quebec with PR.

I think it will be easy to get CSQ or RAMQ with PR card if you have a Job offer or any other valid reason.. I think they are making it more strict to avoid the following scenario, for example a new Immigrant family with 2 or 3 children(came to canada with an Immigration process other than Quebec's) and they are moving to Quebec because of almost free day care, good child care benefit(more money than any-other province) and mother will get money if she studying part time french and father is doing only a part time job(in this scenario a family can easily live with welfare rather than working and paying taxes).

aditya7

Jul 23, 2014
So as it stands today, No one is really stopping people from moving back to Quebec after getting PR ( but however it might change... you never know). Correct ?
Also in My case my WP is specific on Location ( montreal) and Employer .

aditya7

Jul 23, 2014
gopr said:
Hello Aditya,

I am also a March 2014 applicant from Montreal and WP expiring on Aug 2015. I did my app through a lawyer and I can answer some of ur questions based on what she informed to do.

We can track each other's progress through this forum when things start moving. As per current timeline, March 2014 app will be processed in Sep I believe so we should be expecting things to move in Sep/oct 2014. Good Luck.
Hello GOPR : Any update on your CASE ?

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
No not yet, I applied on March 28, 2014. So I guess another 1 month, as CIC is still working on Feb 2014 applications with some pending Jan 2014 apps too.
How abt u?

aditya7 said:
Hello GOPR : Any update on your CASE ?

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
gopr said:
No not yet, I applied on March 28, 2014. So I guess another 1 month, as CIC is still working on Feb 2014 applications with some pending Jan 2014 apps too.
How abt u?
hey gopr, please check your inbox. Thanks. =)

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Hey I PM-ed u back. did u get it?

zareef said:
hey gopr, please check your inbox. Thanks. =)

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
anyone got MR here?? I am waiting for mine, still in Montreal due to a closed WP :(

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Hey Bud...My timeline is on my profile itself ;)
Anyway here it is:

App received - 28 Mar 2014
AOR -15 Apr 2014

No MR yet :(

run-Man said:
When did you apply?? Time lines plz..

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
gopr said:
Hey Bud...My timeline is on my profile itself ;)
Anyway here it is:

App received - 28 Mar 2014
AOR -15 Apr 2014

Been 2 weeks 2 days since I filed my app. Must I wait longer?!! :mad:

aditya7

Jul 23, 2014
gopr said:
How abt u?
Hi GOPR : Still waiting.... And still in MTRL due to a closed WP. when planning to go for your BOWP ?