Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
It may take couple of days more considering the holidays. See if below helps

Oath : Dec 3rd
Forms sent: Dec 4th
App Closed: December 13th
Certificates received: Dec 16th.
Thanks NMontD for the reply. Just wondering if there is any way to know, if they have received my signed oath form? Should I re-send it just to be on the save side ? or maybe I am just overthinking.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Thanks NMontD for the reply. Just wondering if there is any way to know, if they have received my signed oath form? Should I re-send it just to be on the save side ? or maybe I am just overthinking.
I think you're overthinking a bit; I never got acknowledgement of mine and then just one day.. a certificate magically popped through the mail slot

Reactions: JustCitizen

iMayflower

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Been 3 weeks since my oath on Nov 26th. No sign of the certificate although the tracker says case closed since Dec 3rd. I called the call center and they said cert. was dispatched on Tue Dec 7th. I mean how long does the stupid thing take to be delivered to Toronto. Even snail mail should not take past 3 business days. I don't know if someone stole the thing or its been stuck at a warehouse and awaiting delivery.

I hate this darn Montreal office. We paid fricking 630$ to get citizenship. Couldn't they spend 20/30 for express shipping and maybe attach a stupid tracking number on the portal OR at least ask us to come pick up at any Service Canada location.
can
My ceremony was on 12/3, and I am still waiting for the certificate. The tracker shows in progress. I called them today and they don't provide any status whatsoever...

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
They don't send any acknowledgement. But if the agent (the one who verified you at the oath ceremony and whose name you put in the subject line when you emailed back the signed oath) hasn't started working on it yet your online tracker will still show Application In Process and Citizenship Oath In Progress. Once they get to it the online tracker updates to Oath complete and application Closed. Mine shows Closed as of today after I took the oath yesterday and sent the signed form a few minutes after.

Reactions: SNGHL_2013

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Hi guys, could you please share the Email address that you received the oath invitation?
It's cic-citoy-convo@cic.gc.ca but they won't answer if it's not pertaining to your signed oath document or why you couldn't attend your oath ceremony:

This mailbox should ONLY be used to provide documentation related to a virtual ceremony or to provide a reasonable explanation (with documentary evidence) for missing or being unable to attend a virtual citizenship ceremony‎. To facilitate the processing of your request, you must include your full name, file number and UCI.

Take note that any request received other than for a virtual ceremony or for a justification of absence, will be automatically deleted and not processed.

Reactions: happysheep

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
It's cic-citoy-convo@cic.gc.ca but they won't answer if it's not pertaining to your signed oath document or why you couldn't attend your oath ceremony:

This mailbox should ONLY be used to provide documentation related to a virtual ceremony or to provide a reasonable explanation (with documentary evidence) for missing or being unable to attend a virtual citizenship ceremony‎. To facilitate the processing of your request, you must include your full name, file number and UCI.

Take note that any request received other than for a virtual ceremony or for a justification of absence, will be automatically deleted and not processed.
Thank you cobie.

My last hope breaks (T_T)

Reactions: cobie2

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Anyone who took Oath on 6th Dec and have not received certificate ? Everything looks completed for me

Last edited:

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
you will not receive anything else from them other than automated email in less than a minute after sending. As long you sent the form to the email in page number 10 of the form with Attention: Agent name they asked you should be fine.

dustinbee66

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
I am Feb 2020 applicant.
I've got DM Mar 18 and still waiting for an
invitation. So Frustrating..
Is there anyone has email or contact information for contact Montreal office???
Lost patience!!
We have the same timeline,8 months after DM still waiting the invitation.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Anyone who took Oath on 6th Dec and have not received certificate ? Everything looks completed for me
When was your status changed to closed ? Take 3-4 business days to receive at mailbox after status changes to closed..

This is for Montreal and Greater montreal areas.

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
I am Feb 2020 applicant.
I've got DM Mar 18 and still waiting for an
invitation. So Frustrating..
Is there anyone has email or contact information for contact Montreal office???
Lost patience!!
Have you tried ATIP notes? They provide an email in the auto response with your temp tracking number ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca

Vivek0710

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-10-2014 : ECAS Line 2
Med's Request
12-10-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Interview........
DM : 23-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
I just logged into my tracker and all sections were set to "complete" on December 18th. The oath says "not started". I also check the old tracker and it says "Decision Made".
I'm a November 2020 applicant. Did test in July and PP scans were requested and sent early October. Anyone else with a similar timeline as me from Montreal?
Nov 2020, Test In August and nothing since then :(