+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

SKC_Montreal

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Hello,
Could someone please advise on how long will it take to receive the citizenship certificate after the oath in Montreal?
I got mine in 2 weeks during January 2021 time. But, it is getting delayed very badly upto 4-6 weeks. You can request Oath officer to make it fast by picking from Service Canada with valid reason

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Guys, just a question? if you stayed outside Montreal or Canada for over 6 months, does that affect your application for Citizenship or PR renewal?
My roommate PR expires at the end of 2022.

Last edited:

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Guys, just a question? if you stayed outside Montreal or Canada for over 6 months, does that affect your application for Citizenship or PR renewal?
My roommate PR expires at the end of 2022.
Per the answer here, you need to be in Canada 730 days out of every 5 years. Hope that helps.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Ok, I mean if you stay outside Canada during the processing of your application for Citizenship or PR.
Doable; lots of people in this forum have filed and left the country. I would be wary of needing to get back in a hurry for the Oath, however.

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Interesting question for those who already received the email about the oath or passed it. When does email arrive? it has been 2 days since the update and 12 before the actual oath and I have nothing?

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Interesting question for those who already received the email about the oath or passed it. When does email arrive? it has been 2 days since the update and 12 before the actual oath and I have nothing?
I got mine 4 days after the update. Hang tite, it's coming.

Reactions: Daxsis

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16
I’m a Montreal-Sept 2020 applicant. I passed my exam in early August, test set to complete the next day. And after that it’s been silence....almost 4 months since exam and I don’t even have DM

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Hi guys.

I had my oath today. No stress. Everything went smoothly. The atmosphere was very friendly. + 131 new citizens. :)

Unfortunately, they did not approve my urgent request. Their explanation was that I didn't have any tickets or reservations somewhere with a precise date... Honestly, I currently work in NYC (J1 visa). I always go there by car and live in a house (I have a Canadien address of my friends on file). The agent said that they follow precise rules. The rules require me to have the date of travel written somewhere... Letter of support, which says that they need me ASAP, from my US employer didn't help. Keep this in mind.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: chs and CaBeaver

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Are there many guys stucking at the completed test phase? I heard that most people advance into the DM after 2 to 6 months!

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi guys.

I had my oath today. No stress. Everything went smoothly. The atmosphere was very friendly. + 131 new citizens. :)

Unfortunately, they did not approve my urgent request. Their explanation was that I didn't have any tickets or reservations somewhere with a precise date... Honestly, I currently work in NYC (J1 visa). I always go there by car and live in a house (I have a Canadien address of my friends on file). The agent said that they follow precise rules. The rules require me to have the date of travel written somewhere... Letter of support, which says that they need me ASAP, from my US employer didn't help. Keep this in mind.

Good luck!
Congrats, so in case one needs to have certificate expedited, so we need to send them a ticket or verbal confirmation with the agent suffices? Also did you ask them about picking up certificate in person? I have a feeling that’s faster than them mailing it around..

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Congrats, so in case one needs to have certificate expedited, so we need to send them a ticket or verbal confirmation with the agent suffices? Also did you ask them about picking up certificate in person? I have a feeling that’s faster than them mailing it around..
It looked like my agent didn’t want to do anything about it. She just said that I have to wait for it to arrive in a mail even though I said that I need it asap. Doesn’t matter, i’m coming back to NYC. My friends will mail the certificate to me and then I will apply for passport from the US.

Yes, to have anything (certificate or a passport) expedited, you must have the dates of your travel written somewhere (e.g. plane tickets, hotel reservation, etc.). The agent will probably ask you to send them by email after the ceremony.

Last edited: