+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

gen_z

May 23, 2018
(Crosspost from Sept. 2019 thread)

UPDATE: Got my Oath email notification today; only 4 literal days after the status was updated - looks like Montreal is gaining steam. Here's to hoping that they're starting to clear the logjam!
Congrats! Ive also finally received DM (after completing the test in March 2021)!

Does seem like the Montreal office is finally on the move!! Yayyy!

It seems that your DM was in July 2021, did it take 4 months to move from DM for your oath ceremony to be in process?

Many thanks

gen_z

May 23, 2018
I'm sure luvtrump knows the precise answer to this question!.. :)
haha, thanks :)

I feel so relieved!

Ive been waiting since March 2021 (completing the test, got 20/20) for DM. I was getting increasing anxious about it over the past few months :) Im going to go and get a drink tonight :p haha

Reactions: Orgcom

enkarthik

Dec 19, 2014
I received my Oath ceremony date today scheduled on Nov 29th 2021.
Could any of you please advise on how soon could we receive the Citizenship certificate after Oath?

Reactions: gen_z

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Congrats! Ive also finally received DM (after completing the test in March 2021)!

Does seem like the Montreal office is finally on the move!! Yayyy!

It seems that your DM was in July 2021, did it take 4 months to move from DM for your oath ceremony to be in process?

Many thanks

Hope for the best for you.

I am waiting June 29th 2021 onward for the oath. My DM was 4months 16 days. :(

Reactions: gen_z

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hope for the best for you.

I am waiting June 29th 2021 onward for the oath. My DM was 4months 16 days. :(
Thanks, I see, seems like I still have a few months to wait then :)

That is ok I guess :) I can wait for another few months :) At least now I know I have DM :)

It was a bit difficult waiting for the past 8 months, since I didnt know what was wrong, nothing seemed wrong to me, but everyone else received their DM and it seemed like i was the only one on earth still waiting for my DM :p so Im definitely relieved that part is over!!

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
“You should expect to receive the invitation for the oath from the Montreal's office, before the end of this month. The ceremony will take place virtually.”

Got another email from Montreal office today. Test completed on 21 Oct, March 2021 online applicant.

Reactions: chs

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Thanks, I see, seems like I still have a few months to wait then :)

That is ok I guess :) I can wait for another few months :) At least now I know I have DM :)

It was a bit difficult waiting for the past 8 months, since I didnt know what was wrong, nothing seemed wrong to me, but everyone else received their DM and it seemed like i was the only one on earth still waiting for my DM :p so Im definitely relieved that part is over!!

Your timeline ?

Amirfarhad

May 21, 2021
When was your DM, test complete?
Hi,
I completed the test in my dashboard on 29. Oct. 2021 but still waiting for other items to be completed, I emailed them to get an update for my application, but something was interesting for me, they asked me for PP and a test invite from the MTL office but my office should be in Vancouver.
Do you know why?
and how long does it take that them to respond to your email?
will they inform me if a decision has been made?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi,
I completed the test in my dashboard on 29. Oct. 2021 but still waiting for other items to be completed, I emailed them to get an update for my application, but something was interesting for me, they asked me for PP and a test invite from the MTL office but my office should be in Vancouver.
Do you know why?
Because Montreal office has 0 applicants waiting for years, and other offices are offloading to them to progress their applicants.

• Haha
Reactions: chs

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi,
Do you know why?
Yeah Montreal office will send you an invite for oath. Your file is no longer in Vancouver, I know this because although I’m based out of Toronto, from test I’m getting everything handled by Montreal.