+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Question: I want to apply for GCMS notes. But there are one option that requires $5 (Access to Information Act), and one that is free (Privacy Act). Which one should I choose? Also, do I need a copy of my PR card, or I just can use my UCI number and application number?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Another question: has anyone reached out to the Montreal office by email asking about your file progress? If yes, what's their email address? I see others send emails to their offices, and they get responses and progress in their files.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Another question: has anyone reached out to the Montreal office by email asking about your file progress? If yes, what's their email address? I see others send emails to their offices, and they get responses and progress in their files.
I've emailed IRCC.DNCenMTLConvoEapp-EappConvoMTLCenDN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
to submit my passport copies and also requested an update about my application. Absolute f**king silence.

Let us know in case you manage to find a different email address.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Got my Oath today, ceremony is on the 29th. Signature has all my details. I hope you all get some traction soon!
Lol. :D I told you so! It looks like our applications were handled by same agent… Congrats!

BTW, on eCAS you can see the precise time of your oath…

Reactions: chs

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Question: I want to apply for GCMS notes. But there are one option that requires $5 (Access to Information Act), and one that is free (Privacy Act). Which one should I choose? Also, do I need a copy of my PR card, or I just can use my UCI number and application number?
I requested free one. It looks like Privacy Act is if you request the notes for yourself. Information - someone is requesting about somebody else…

Reactions: CaBeaver

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Did you ask for urgent processing? This is a lightening speed after DM!
Nope no Urgent Processing at all, i was shocked actually i got my DM last week and today i went in my application tracker and find out, i did not believe my eyes actually specially Monday morning too good news are rare :) i was expecting to wait till March-April 2022 but here we go a week between the DM and Oath and whole process took 11 months, it is random all the time.

maybe my agent is a newbie fresh agent who want to work and excited to finish his cases before other colleagues to increase his productivity and show off so he finished my file faster hahah. good luck

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Yes, this is what I think. They don’t care when you submitted your application. What they care about is when your background check is expiring (if the rest is fine). That’s why the later applicants are moving faster than the 2019 ones. Our second (the first one expired when they were relaxing at home) BG check was run in 2021 what brings its expiry date to 2022, what eventually makes our applications of low priority in terms of oath invitation…

My notes say that my paper file was transferred to the online ceremony room in July 2021 and was not touched ever since. A lot of other applicants receive oath invitation in a short while after DM. You think they are slowing down my file on purpose? No, my BG check is expiring April 2022, that’s why…
Based on your hypothesis I should have received my oath already. Or I will wait another year....

Sent June 15 2020
AOR Nov 5 2020
IP Jan 12 2021
BG check completed on Feb 22.
Test invite May 10 2021
Passed the test on May 31 2021
Citizenship test completed on June 1 2021
Language September 24 2021.
Presence September 24 2021.
Prohibitions September 24 2021

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I requested free one. It looks like Privacy Act is if you request the notes for yourself. Information - someone is requesting about somebody else…
Thanks. Do you think if I order the notes, my file will be delayed until I get the notes at least? I am afraid if I am about to get my oath scheduled, ordering the notes may delay it.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Thanks. Do you think if I order the notes, my file will be delayed until I get the notes at least? I am afraid if I am about to get my oath scheduled, ordering the notes may delay it.
I don’t think so.
In any case, i believe your oath invitation will arrive earlier than the notes will be delivered (takes a month at minimum).
You just have to poke IRCC in some way to get noticed. I changed my address and soon after received an invitation. chs sent them a massage last week and received the update today.

chs, could you please share what kinda massage you wrote to IRCC?

Reactions: CaBeaver and chs

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Yes, this is what I think. They don’t care when you submitted your application. What they care about is when your background check is expiring (if the rest is fine). That’s why the later applicants are moving faster than the 2019 ones. Our second (the first one expired when they were relaxing at home) BG check was run in 2021 what brings its expiry date to 2022, what eventually makes our applications of low priority in terms of oath invitation…

My notes say that my paper file was transferred to the online ceremony room in July 2021 and was not touched ever since. A lot of other applicants receive oath invitation in a short while after DM. You think they are slowing down my file on purpose? No, my BG check is expiring April 2022, that’s why

Hello friends,

I apologize for asking the question:

How does our friend @Orgcom guess when his BG check expiration date will be?

How long does the validity of the BG check last? ... And what happens if it ever expires after passing the test? ... How long does a new BG check take on average?

Thanks a lot, friends !

, Piotr.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I don’t think so.
In any case, i believe your oath invitation will arrive earlier than the notes will be delivered (takes a month at minimum).
You just have to poke IRCC in some way to get noticed. I changed my address and soon after received an invitation. chs sent them a massage last week and received the update today.

chs, could you please share what kinda massage you wrote to IRCC?
I was going to write something about this earlier; in all honesty, I filed for GCMS notes back in early October (for the record, still haven't gotten them) and I sent a webform almost exactly a month later. I was super polite in it (I understand the issues with the pandemic and Afghanistan, but it would mean a lot to be a Canadian citizen, etc.) Very respectful tone I think/hope helped out. And a week later, the Oath!

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver and Orgcom

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Hello friends,

I apologize for asking the question:

How does our friend @Orgcom guess when his BG check expiration date will be?

How long does the validity of the BG check last? ... And what happens if it ever expires after passing the test? ... How long does a new BG check take on average?

Thanks a lot, friends !

, Piotr.
You can order GCMS notes, the expiration date is indicated there. The BG check is valid for one year. I can speculate that the new BG check will take around a month for IRCC to perform. IRCC cannot continue processing your application if the BG check expired. So if at any application stage (till the oath) your BG check expires, IRCC has to do it again.

Reactions: chs