+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Any idea why your timeline was so long?
I think it is probably just bad luck. They have a goal of processing as many applications as possible in 12 months, and once you've missed that time range, they don't have the time to work on your application anymore.

Some things that I've been wondering or worried about:
1) I notified IRCC about a 3 week business trip I was planning in June 2022, so they probably set the application aside, and after it has missed 12 months processing standard, they had no motivation to pick it up again. Though they only responded to my webform in September 2022, and the answer didn't make any sense, but that's normal with IRCC.
2) I didn't travel outside of Canada between landing and applying, so maybe they found too little travel suspicious.
3) I had several temporary addresses in the first 5 months after landing.

In all, I think the real reason is extremely poor organization at IRCC.
I will probably not find out any other reasons for the delay, if there were any, since they decided that they will focus on processing and deprioritize transparency and communication with applicants.

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Citizenship certificate received by mail today!!
Citizenship ceremony still in progress..

Next step passport!!

Reactions: Vinami

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
I just applied for citizenship from Montreal,some comments here are just scary . 32 months to process???? Hope mine will go smoothly.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I just applied for citizenship from Montreal,some comments here are just scary . 32 months to process???? Hope mine will go smoothly.
I wouldn't worry yet, IRCC aims to process at least 80% of applications in 12 months. Once you pass 12 months, they might lose interest in working on your application, and things can drag out for a while.

Reactions: Tamiou

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
So, my saga is finally over.
I applied in June 2021, started getting very concerned about no progress for a year this February, and tried to get any substantial update from IRCC. I tried all means: calls, webforms, MP, ordering GCMS notes.
In early June I gave up and filed mandamus; my file started moving right away, and I had an oath within 2 months.
During that time my PR card also expired, and the new card only arrived after I had the oath scheduled, also with a major delay in processing.
I should be able to pick up my passport on Monday.
Any idea if this is a good idea even if your file is within normal processing times?

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
So, my saga is finally over.
I applied in June 2021, started getting very concerned about no progress for a year this February, and tried to get any substantial update from IRCC. I tried all means: calls, webforms, MP, ordering GCMS notes.
In early June I gave up and filed mandamus; my file started moving right away, and I had an oath within 2 months.
During that time my PR card also expired, and the new card only arrived after I had the oath scheduled, also with a major delay in processing.
I should be able to pick up my passport on Monday.
Can you elaborate on how you filed mandamus?