+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
My partner had the option to pick up the certificate 2 weeks after the ceremony.
Just had my ceremony yesterday. Same -- 2 weeks. The officer said if I didn't pick it up, it would be sent in the mail right away and should only take around 3 business days, since I live in Montreal.

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Hi all!
My citizenship test window was July 21 to August 10.
I did the test yesterday night. 18/20.
Now waiting for it to be marked as completed.
I hope not to wait too long now to finish my journey with IRCC

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I don't think I posted in this thread after filing mandamus, but here is the recap:
I started mandamus in early June, Language and Presence got completed almost instantly. A few days ago prohibitions completed and I was scheduled for the oath on Aug 3.
Now I am also curious if it is possible to request an electronic certificate.

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
I don't think I posted in this thread after filing mandamus, but here is the recap:
I started mandamus in early June, Language and Presence got completed almost instantly. A few days ago prohibitions completed and I was scheduled for the oath on Aug 3.
Now I am also curious if it is possible to request an electronic certificate.

Congratulations. Happy for you buddy. Glad for the progress!

Reactions: bas12

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
I got LPP done on June 27th and from then radio silence, I keep seeing people with LPPs after getting oath dates really quickly and i’m not sure what’s happening anyone have an idea?

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
I got LPP done on June 27th and from then radio silence, I keep seeing people with LPPs after getting oath dates really quickly and i’m not sure what’s happening anyone have an idea?

When I was waiting my oath, I determined that trend was 4-6 weeks after LPP turns green for MTL office. And I got my invitation after approximately 4 weeks. Just my two cents.....

chairmanN

Mar 27, 2023
When I was waiting my oath, I determined that trend was 4-6 weeks after LPP turns green for MTL office. And I got my invitation after approximately 4 weeks. Just my two cents.....
I was wondering, is it a "notice to appear" or an invitation like the test letter? does the letter mention if you can reschedule your oath? because my LPP is complete and I'm waiting for an oath. However,I'm planning on traveling by late August.

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
The people you see are from Montreal, too?
I was told that MTL office was very slow...
No montreal is not slow at all, at least not with my app or other people i know of, i applied March 9th, i got my test period from montreal office on May 18-june6, i did test and by May 23rd, it was already marked as complete, then i got LPP about a month later on June 27th. So not slow at all, im just not sure why other people same timeline and same office got oath and are now citizens and i didnt get even the invite

Apr 5, 2023
No montreal is not slow at all, at least not with my app or other people i know of, i applied March 9th, i got my test period from montreal office on May 18-june6, i did test and by May 23rd, it was already marked as complete, then i got LPP about a month later on June 27th. So not slow at all, im just not sure why other people same timeline and same office got oath and are now citizens and i didnt get even the invite
I see...My timeline is even faster. Applied on April 21 and got LPP on July 13. I have a travel plan next month and I may have to reschedule the oath ceremony once or twice :(
But another friend from Montreal applied in January and is still waiting for the test invite. The processing time is just random as IRCC has zero transparency. Apparently, all we need is good luck and a lot, a lot of patience.

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request