Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
I got my new Canadian passport today and its a good feeling when you first see it...My journey from PR to passport didnt take a very long time, around 14-15 months, which is not bad considering all the back-log. I am not sure if I was luckly, but I did lots of follow-ups - calls, webforms, ATIP notes, and via my MP. I am not really sure if any of these made a difference.

I wish you all the best and I hope eveyone one here gets their Canadian passort as soon as possibe. I will still check this site, and offer my take and any help in anyway I can. Good luck!

Reactions: nikta

nikta

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
I got my new Canadian passport today and its a good feeling when you first see it...My journey from PR to passport didnt take a very long time, around 14-15 months, which is not bad considering all the back-log. I am not sure if I was luckly, but I did lots of follow-ups - calls, webforms, ATIP notes, and via my MP. I am not really sure if any of these made a difference.

I wish you all the best and I hope eveyone one here gets their Canadian passort as soon as possibe. I will still check this site, and offer my take and any help in anyway I can. Good luck!
congrats my friend ..enjoy of your passport . Canadian passport is the best gift from this country to all of us immigrants . I hope that be lucky same as you , for getting invitation letter to go in person and the same day could get certificate . my schedule is on Friday 3 march .

Reactions: atzquebec

taylordz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
My friend, MTL office dose not have any specific email address.. u can contact with them by web form or calling to call Center
Thanks for your reply.
I did not think they were this archaic lol. I'll try the webform because when I call them, they give no information that I don't know.

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
Just picked up my citizenship certificate at the Montreal office, nice and quick just showed my notice to appear invite (for the oath) and my drivers licence and it was done. 5 mins in and out :)

Reactions: Dorian_M and nikta

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Picked up my certificate today, was in and out in 3 minutes total at 11am.

Then I walked over to apply for my passport which took around 50 minutes all up and I can go pick up the passport March 1st, given I'm travelling March 8th, I did that instead of having them send it in the post. All in all, pretty chill experiences.

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
I got DM in 6th feb. (Montreal) how long to get to the oath ceremony ?

Reactions: nikta and Dorian_M

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Good news for me, after my background was reset to in progress again after it was completed. I got an update today and now is back to completed again.
What I did, once it was changed to in progress, i went and i took my FP (without new request from IRCC) and I submitted. and after one month it is now completed. so I think it worked. Now the only one left for me is prohibitions is in progress. Does anyone know an estimate how long it may take?