+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

I wonder how many DM were made from the Montreal office over the last 8-9 months or so, compared to the other offices especially from GTA..I dont see too many posts here people mentioning about DM and Oath for Montreal.

If Montreal office is really slow (or slowest) maybe we should contact our MPs and see if they can help ?
Per the sheet, I'm only seeing 4-6 months for Oath > DM in case of the Montreal LVO. :(

Reactions: pedromw

Charlie123456

Dec 20, 2017
Hi Charlie,
I see the invitation in status but invitaion email not yet recevied, can you please share the email address to contact Montreal office????
Thanks
Usually, it is 1 week before the actual scheduled ceremony.
you should receive an email by then.
In my case, it was only 3 days left before I decided to contact them.
is your scheduled oath soon?

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
You've been waiting a while! Thanks for the info.
I was hoping to get it all done by February as I saw some people getting their oaths within 3 months after the test. But then there are even more people who wait for 7 months (or more) for the oath like me. My application was simple, no passport scans, no biometrics. I'm an optimist, but in this long wait, pessimism may bring people more peace of mind. The best would be just to forget about it and accept the possibility you may need to change your plans once it comes.

pedromw

Dec 20, 2021
I was hoping to get it all done by February as I saw some people getting their oaths within 3 months after the test. But then there are even more people who wait for 7 months (or more) for the oath like me. My application was simple, no passport scans, no biometrics. I'm an optimist, but in this long wait, pessimism may bring people more peace of mind. The best would be just to forget about it and accept the possibility you may need to change your plans once it comes.
Congratulations
I think it took a long time because as you said you moved from Vancouver to Montreal, both offices are known to be really slow + moving between provinces requires an additional time to transfer files between offices. Anyway as you said better to forget about it and accept how Montreal office and IRCC in general is dealing with the applicants especially if there is a waiting time of 6 months after the test it should be seen as normal if we refer to the spreadsheet. Even with + 6 months it does not seem that there is a reason to worry. The proof is your file.
Congratulations once again.

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
I expected the citizenship application to take a long time- one of my friends applied from Mtl years before the pandemic and it took almost 2 years.

But I was not expecting my PR card renewal to take 7 months (and counting). I thought I would at least have my card by now. I do think your advice about forgetting about things for a while is good- though I am not sure how good I will be at following it...

sarlyy

May 23, 2015
I've had the oath ceremony back on April 28 in Montreal. I've not received the certificate yet, Almost 6 weeks have passed.
I sent e-mail to CIC-CITOY-CONVO@cic.gc.ca and they replied that my family member's certificates have been mailed out on May 10th.
But never received. How can I get my Canadian citizenship certificate reissued ??
Any suggestion?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Same, 7 months after test and 3 months after interview.

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Congratulations
I think it took a long time because as you said you moved from Vancouver to Montreal, both offices are known to be really slow + moving between provinces requires an additional time to transfer files between offices. Anyway as you said better to forget about it and accept how Montreal office and IRCC in general is dealing with the applicants especially if there is a waiting time of 6 months after the test it should be seen as normal if we refer to the spreadsheet. Even with + 6 months it does not seem that there is a reason to worry. The proof is your file.
Congratulations once again.
Possibly that added time in total. My test invitation (already Montreal) arrived when many people who applied in March got them. So that's +2 months. Although, still earlier than Vancouver Jan '21 applicants. Yeah, 6-7 months is normal, but if you see people getting it after 3 months you obviously hope for the same. Thank you.

I expected the citizenship application to take a long time- one of my friends applied from Mtl years before the pandemic and it took almost 2 years.

But I was not expecting my PR card renewal to take 7 months (and counting). I thought I would at least have my card by now. I do think your advice about forgetting about things for a while is good- though I am not sure how good I will be at following it...
Definitely easier said than done. I'll be impatiently waiting for the certificate I'm sure. I hope you'll get your PR card soon.

Same, 7 months after test and 3 months after interview.
It's a long wait for you. Do you think it's because of your time outside of the country since you applied?

Reactions: pedromw

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I applied in Dec 2019 and got a test invite late Jan. Passed the test and had my DM status on my file. Now just waiting for oath invite but seems like it's taking longer than other applicants. It's been 4-5 weeks for me.
send them en email if you haven't done your oath.

mohsin.sadi

Oct 20, 2015
Hello Everyone,
we applied Citizenship in April 2019, passed the test last year, was waiting since long time. I live in Montreal....
Finally in the status, It says that Citizenship oath has been scheduled on 21 June 2022
but I didnt received any invitation email yet.
- Do I need to wait this week for the invitation email?
- Do I need to contact them by webform? I can't reach them by phone, it says unable to transfer the call.

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestion.
Update :
For 21 June oath, I got the invitation email yesterday on 15 June.
Thanks

Reactions: saou17

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
You can speak to the agent during the ceremony and request for urgent issue of certificate. You will have to provide proof of travel.
Hi , futureimmi , can you please tell me when did you apply for urgent processing and if you received any "forwarded to responsible office" email also?
If yes how long did it take from that AOR email?

thanks in advance

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Per the sheet, I'm only seeing 4-6 months for Oath > DM in case of the Montreal LVO. :(
Is that 4-6 months after test completion ?