+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hey.
I read that Montreal office is pretty slow in general.

Anyone know what is the average time between Test completed and DM ?
I completed my test at the end of November and still waiting for DM. On Friday, after a long silence I got my Language and Presence completed so I guess I'm close to DM.

Last edited:
Reactions: atzquebec

pedromw

Dec 20, 2021
I completed my test at the end of November and still waiting for DM. On Friday, after a long silence I got my Language and Presence completed so I guess I'm close to DM.
So it took 6 months from the end of November (when you took the test) to the end of May to have all the sections marked as completed in green.
That's too slow unfortunately I need to recalculate my expectations then.

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
So it took 6 months from the end of November (when you took the test) to the end of May to have all the sections marked as completed in green.
That's too slow unfortunately I need to recalculate my expectations then.
Still waiting for prohibitions to mark green... Yeah, honestly I also hoped that it could be done by March as my application was pretty straightforward (no FP or Passport requests). Good luck!

Reactions: pedromw

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
I'm from Montreal. My test was completed on Apr 19th, I'm still waiting...
I check the timeline of peoples from Montreal, it seems it takes 3-4 months between Test completed and DM.

I have been tracking posts from users who mentioned that DM was received in 5 weeks. Most of them are ON applications. But then it varies big time.

Reactions: pedromw

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Thats really long ? Was there any delay in BG check ?

Kylesh

May 11, 2022
I waited for an invitation to the ceremony for almost a year after the test. I have a question. And if during the citizenship process your resident status is lost, will I be able to go through the ceremony? My resident status may soon be lost, and 2th ceremony has not yet been invited.

ham584

Jan 23, 2017
Hi guys, today, I saw in the online system that my Oath has been scheduled for June 9th (I'm in Montreal). I am going to leave Canada on June 10th (I can delay it to June 14th, but not later), and I need my Citizen Certificate before I leave. What should I do? I don't think I got my Citizen Certificate in 1 or 2 days? Is it possible to pick it up in person?

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Hi guys, today, I saw in the online system that my Oath has been scheduled for June 9th (I'm in Montreal). I am going to leave Canada on June 10th (I can delay it to June 14th, but not later), and I need my Citizen Certificate before I leave. What should I do? I don't think I got my Citizen Certificate in 1 or 2 days? Is it possible to pick it up in person?
unfortunately there is no pickup option. Even if they deliver in 1-2 days still getting passport before you travel might be difficult. If possible delay by few weeks and get the passport before travelling.

Reactions: ham584