+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Dakar Visa office share your experience here.

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
Hi all
bond1402, Mbasu; Kumalo; Canadaforall, Alata.

I am glad to see many Cameroonians in the process, let us keep this forum alive and share our experiences and. I am also from Cameroon; Missed the FSW last june due to CAP reached for 1NOC 1122 just 7 days after. I had to go Quebec way after sitting for TEF. After 7 months I received AOR from BIQ Paris. Just waiting, as I go about my dailly actitivities, I think I should be waiting for interview call now at Yaounde. Anyone attended such interview before in Cameroon?

Good luck to all/

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sango said:
Hi all

I am glad to see many Cameroonians in the process, let us keep this forum alive and share our experiences and. I am also from Cameroon; Missed the FSW last june due to CAP reached for 1NOC 1122 just 7 days after. I had to go Quebec way after sitting for TEF. After 7 months I received AOR from BIQ Paris. Just waiting, as I go about my dailly actitivities, I think I should be waiting for interview call now at Yaounde. Anyone attended such interview before in Cameroon?

Good luck to all/

Nice to see many people here. please lets keep on. This forum has helped me a lot, so do not be quiet or guess anything. Always ask any question , you will have an answer.

Will be travelling soon to prepare a place for the rest.

Godd luck with their applications.

bamboy

Apr 24, 2012
Can any one explain to me why your visa office could be changed? My doc were rec'd at the centralized in-take in April 2012, and my file was later forwarded to london. London emailed me in June to let me know that they have transfered the documents to dakar. I only receive notification from dakar yesterday that they have received my file after several enquiry emails i sent to Ottawa processing centre. Those of you already in canada is this how things are choatic they? Please tell us your expiriences so that we can start preparing.

Cheers

sango said:
Hi all

Good luck to all/

kumalo

Nov 18, 2012
bamboy said:
Can any one explain to me why your visa office could be changed? My doc were rec'd at the centralized in-take in April 2012, and my file was later forwarded to london. London emailed me in June to let me know that they have transfered the documents to dakar. I only receive notification from dakar yesterday that they have received my file after several enquiry emails i sent to Ottawa processing centre. Those of you already in canada is this how things are choatic they? Please tell us your expiriences so that we can start preparing.

Cheers
just to check where you at the moment and where you were before sending your application to centralized intake office if you are in London or in Cameroon or in Canada . For only those who are in Canada can used Ottawa as the processing centre but I did used Dakar as my processing because when I sent my application it was buffalo that used to be processing centre for those who are in Canada but the centre was to slow in processing that is the reason while I used Dakar as my processing centre but I am in Canada

mbasu

Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar Visa office (DVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 march 2012
Doc's Request.
sent with file
AOR Received.
19 March 2012
IELTS Request
sent with file. PER :10 April 2012
File Transfer...
2nd AOR: 7 July 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
canadaforall said:
Hi Mbasu,
You are new and can not PM let me PM you with my e.mail ok. I like to keep this thread active. i am an old one here and please ask any question if there is doubt. many have helped me to succeed and i am here also to help.

Thanks.
Hey canadaforall,
hope u are settling well in your new country.
I'm waitng for your PM. I think i have so much to learn from your experience.

cheers.

mbasu

Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar Visa office (DVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 march 2012
Doc's Request.
sent with file
AOR Received.
19 March 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
sango said:
Hi all

Good luck to all/
Hi Sango,
you are welcome to this forum. Hope to get more contributions from u as time goes on.

cheers.

mbasu

Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar Visa office (DVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 march 2012
Doc's Request.
sent with file
AOR Received.
19 March 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Does any one have an idea of the average processing time of the Dakar VO for applications filed within July 1st 2011 and June 30th 2012
I fine it very difficult to estimate this figure for our visa office(Dakar VO) becos of lack of information.

The new dheli visa office is doing a wonderful job. Their average processing time for applicantions filed within July 1st 2011 and June 30th 2012 is 6months . This processing time is really impressive.

How i wish the Dakar VO was this fast in processing our applications. Even though the Daka VO handles applications from about 5 or more countries in this region, this to me doesnot give any concrete reasons why the DakaR visa office is soo slow because the population of india is far greater than the sum of the populations of all the countries handled by the Dakar VO.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mbasu said:
Does any one have an idea of the average processing time of the Dakar VO for applications filed within July 1st 2011 and June 30th 2012
I fine it very difficult to estimate this figure for our visa office(Dakar VO) becos of lack of information.

The new dheli visa office is doing a wonderful job. Their average processing time for applicantions filed within July 1st 2011 and June 30th 2012 is 6months . This processing time is really impressive.

How i wish the Dakar VO was this fast in processing our applications. Even though the Daka VO handles applications from about 5 or more countries in this region, this to me doesnot give any concrete reasons why the DakaR visa office is soo slow because the population of india is far greater than the sum of the populations of all the countries handled by the Dakar VO.
Hi Mbasu,
It is really difficult to estimate the processing time. I have a reason i will explain to you later. Eventhough they handle applications for different countries, the number is still relatively very small as compared to Asian offices. I did PM you , waiting for your e.mail.

Canadaforall.

bond1402

Sep 7, 2011
Thanks all, I am glad its alive in here. It is hard to tell the time line with Dakar office. At first, I thought it was because they move"d from cote ivoire to senegal, and dakar's workload increased, but now i don't know why it takes long. But i know this, God is in control and all is going to be well.
Canadaforall, i have read alot of your post, been helpfull.

bond1402

Sep 7, 2011
canadaforall, where did you land? and how was your landing experience?

Mbasu, what is your noc and what province are planning on settling?

bond1402

Sep 7, 2011
kumalo said:
happy to see so many peoples from Cameroon with Dakar visa office I hope the lord will see us through in this process as I said before I got my AOR from Dakar on the 16/04/2012 and still waiting for my medical but my work permit is still valid still September 2013 but you know this guy here in Canada changes their immigration law but everyday so I wish that by God grace all will be good to us
So I wish to as forum member if any one have any ideal when I should I expect my medical for my application is one yaer old already
hello Kumalo, it is hard to tell when you will exactly here from them about medical. If all your docs are complete and have been submitted, then you'll be hearing from them sooner than you think. I don't think it hurts to send them an email and inquire, or you can check your ecas status.
If you want to inquire further, you can order caip notes i guess. But it will be sent to you soon. Btw, what province are you in?

kumalo

Nov 18, 2012
just to say I am in the province of Nova Scotia and to say I did sent two CSI to Dakar and the keep on saying application is in queue for review by an officer and I am tier with those statement and so I will apply for GMCS may by the end of the month to see what is going on if medical is already prepare and waiting to be sent
Thanks

kumalo

Nov 18, 2012
kumalo said:
just to say I am in the province of Nova Scotia and to say I did sent two CSI to Dakar and the keep on saying application is in queue for review by an officer and I am tier with those statement and so I will apply for GMCS may by the end of the month to see what is going on if medical is already prepare and waiting to be sent
Thanks

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bamboy said:

Cheers

Well Bamboy,
It is a little strange that they have changed your visa office without your consent. If you are living in London legally you are the one to choose your visa office and not the visa officer.

Ok please if you still have your stay in London then i do not see any reason for there transferring your file to Dakar.

This is my guess,

1, They might have some things that they want them to be verified in your file and they think Dakar will be easier for them to verify.
2, You might have a short stay, so they decide to send your file to Dakar.
3, Since they change their rules now and then, they might have this rule that files from applicants living abroad will be forwarded to their country of origin office.
Apart from these two reasons, i have put forward i see no reason for them to transfer your file without your consent.

this is only my guess.

Canadaforall

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bond1402 said:
canadaforall, where did you land? and how was your landing experience?

Mbasu, what is your noc and what province are planning on settling?
Bond1402,
I landed in Calgary and the landed was very smooth. It took just about 30 minutes and all was done. I had all my cards obtained within a week. Yesterday my PRC was sent to the address i gave. So now i am very happy. It took about 60 days for the PRC card.
They asked me to show the proof of funds, i had it cash so the man was very satisfied and helped me with my boxes to go and wait for my family. I was very happy.

I wish all of us to have this kind of landing with no stress.

Together we stand and divided we fall. Lets keep this thread alive. I was here alone and happy many have joined me now. Please ask any question that you have never you guess anything. sometimes i had issues , knew the answer , but asked only to be sure about my answer.

Wish all of us the best of luck.

Canadaforall