+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from 2018 still waiting for hearing?

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Let’s gather here if you haven’t received a hearing date since claiming in 2018. I claimed in October 2018, Received a hearing date for December 2020.Member did not show up for my hearing. Still waiting for a new hearing date. Please share your story below.

Last edited:

Sheglam923

Feb 6, 2021
I claimed in April 2019 . My hearing was held in November 2020 but the member didn’t show up and they postponed the hearing. Still no new date

Reactions: Chimurenga 4

Sheglam923

Feb 6, 2021
Wow we are literally in the same boat. Have you heard anything from your lawyer?
Yes we really r. I thought I was the only one going through this.I emailed my lawyer several times and he said he will let me know if he has any updates. Been waiting since November. Question: when did u find out that ur hearing was postponed . I mean was it before submitting the documents or after submitting the documents. Mine got postponed 2days before the hearing date as there would be no board member available on the hearing day and the hearing was supposed to be held in person. I’m in Toronto.

Jst101

Mar 13, 2021
Hello, I applied for my work permit extension back in November 2020 since my original expired in December 2020. It's been 5 months. Still waiting for an extension of work permit. Anyone in the same boat..

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Yes we really r. I thought I was the only one going through this.I emailed my lawyer several times and he said he will let me know if he has any updates. Been waiting since November. Question: when did u find out that ur hearing was postponed . I mean was it before submitting the documents or after submitting the documents. Mine got postponed 2days before the hearing date as there would be no board member available on the hearing day and the hearing was supposed to be held in person. I’m in Toronto.
Hi there, I was scheduled for virtual hearing. We had connected to the meeting room on the day of my hearing. After 20 mins of waiting we were told that the member had called in sick. Which I understand, but I’ve yet to get a new hearing date.

Sheglam923

Feb 6, 2021
Hi there, I was scheduled for virtual hearing. We had connected to the meeting room on the day of my hearing. After 20 mins of waiting we were told that the member had called in sick. Which I understand, but I’ve yet to get a new hearing date.
Why they aren’t rescheduling the hearing. It’s very disappointing. What did your lawyer say btw

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hello, I applied for my work permit extension back in November 2020 since my original expired in December 2020. It's been 5 months. Still waiting for an extension of work permit. Anyone in the same boat..
It took about 4 months for me when I applied last year. I sent mine via post. How did you do yours ?

Sheglam923

Feb 6, 2021
July 2018 here. No scheduled hearing yet.
I was told by someone from IRB that if 3years go by and you still don’t hear back anything from the IRB regarding your hearing ,you can request them to schedule a date.The maximum waiting time to get a hearing is 3years he said.

Reactions: Chimurenga 4

Jst101

Mar 13, 2021
I was told by someone from IRB that if 3years go by and you still don’t hear back anything from the IRB regarding your hearing ,you can request them to schedule a date.The maximum waiting time to get a hearing is 3years he said.
Hi,

Which province did you apply from.

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Oh wow that’s interesting. I’ve never heard of this before. Is there information on the website? Hopefully it doesn’t come to this. Thanks for sharing