+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from 2014 still hasn't reached the "Decision Made" phase?

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
A small update from my side.

I sent an email to Minister McCallum 66 days ago (As I was told he should respond in 60 days). Never did get an answer...

So I ended up calling his constituency office and asked if they had any timelines for non-routine... And they don't.
same story here.

with regards to what minister said on "reconciling all legacy citizenship applications by the end of 2016 year" - just watch one of those parliament sessions where they all discussed bill C-6 with Citizenship and Immigration committee, you will definitely find his words there.
I guess Jenny Kwan MP from Vancouver East, BC asked him this question , but I am not 100% sure.

swardfish

Jul 27, 2016
Request for an Update

It looks like few folks got TEST Invite email and Date. It would be great if applicable candidates update their progress on following online tracking sheet. It allow others to compare and follow up with CIC if required.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Follow-up date coming soon...will let you know what new lie the CIC farts out on the phone.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Not particularly happy today. Been 2.5 years since I applied, I've provided every possible document IRCC asked for (and some more) to prove beyond reasonable doubt that I've been living in this country since I came to get settled... And I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel besides spending thousands of dollars for a mandamus to shake things up.

Not a happy day...

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Not particularly happy today. Been 2.5 years since I applied, I've provided every possible document IRCC asked for (and some more) to prove beyond reasonable doubt that I've been living in this country since I came to get settled... And I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel besides spending thousands of dollars for a mandamus to shake things up.

Not a happy day...
I hear you my friend. 2.5 years is certainly not acceptable. Its been a year and 8 months since I applied, but I will be pursuing the same action soon. I have no intentions to wait for years until a lazy unionized government worker decides to have mercy on me. I don't care if there are a million applications just like mine, because its simple not my ****ing problem the process isn't working.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
I am getting ready for Mandamus as well. I reckon that is the only way to sort our applications out.
We are left with no choice, the MP response was crap, McCallum is too busy kissing liberal a** and having a great time at government-funded cocktail parties. It's time to take matters in our own hands. I've come to terms that I'll have to dish out a good amount of money to make things move, but my current lawyer is asking for a lot, which is understandable as it is almost as if I'm applying all over again. I just want to make sure that I'm not being taken for a ride so I need to check the fees with a few more lawyers.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us, HighFive, h3a3j6
Give IRCC another 1-2 months before starting your court cases. By that time I would know how successful I am with mine. Although it won't hurt if you hire a lawyer just for the demand letter, which might move your cases a bit.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2, our lawyer is coming back from vacation next month, I should sit down with her on a 3rd week of September to discuss our case.

Meanwhile here are the news from the call I made yesterday : agent said the following - you can call every 3 weeks from now on to inquire the status of your application as you have not received any communication from us for more than 6 months. we will contact your local office every 3 weeks to check on your file.

That sounds like an improvement to me though I don't believe in it's positive outcome at all. :)

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Calling every 3, 6, 9 or X weeks to get a pre-recorded answer of "in process" is not something I read as improvement. It's a call for us to waste our time to listen to this pre-recorded message.

I was very hopeful when these changes were publicized, but t now I'm frankly pretty disheartened.

This is by no means acceptable... I'll refrain from using the colourful adjectives I'm thinking about on a public forum...

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Calling every 3, 6, 9 or X weeks to get a pre-recorded answer of "in process" is not something I read as improvement. It's a call for us to waste our time to listen to this pre-recorded message.

I was very hopeful when these changes were publicized, but t now I'm frankly pretty disheartened.

This is by no means acceptable... I'll refrain from using the colourful adjectives I'm thinking about on a public forum...
It's been exactly a month today I have passed my test and interview with CO, my Ecas still shows In process by looking at some other members over here they can see DM on ecas in 3-5 days or in between couple of weeks after test and interview with CO.
I am being told by CO that your Immigration clearance is still pending so I am waiting for that to be cleared I hope that will be cleared in another couple of years by reckless immigration goons.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
ambient2, our lawyer is coming back from vacation next month, I should sit down with her on a 3rd week of September to discuss our case.

Meanwhile here are the news from the call I made yesterday : agent said the following - you can call every 3 weeks from now on to inquire the status of your application as you have not received any communication from us for more than 6 months. we will contact your local office every 3 weeks to check on your file.

That sounds like an improvement to me though I don't believe in it's positive outcome at all. :)
So now, your application is pregnant with a passport, and you need to check regularly with the CIC to make sure the application is doing well and the passport is fine and healthy.

Horse ***t...

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
It's been exactly a month today I have passed my test and interview with CO, my Ecas still shows In process by looking at some other members over here they can see DM on ecas in 3-5 days or in between couple of weeks after test and interview with CO.
I am being told by CO that your Immigration clearance is still pending so I am waiting for that to be cleared I hope that will be cleared in another couple of years by reckless immigration goons.
What was the time frame the CO gave you to hear back about the oath?

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us said:
What was the time frame the CO gave you to hear back about the oath?
Once we receive a your final immigration clearance we will let you for the next steps.
We can not determine how long does it take ! some time it will take weeks or months to receive your immigration clearance.
CO did not give me any particular timeline

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
called today to follow up...they gave me more bullshit....seeing my lawyer to pay for my mandamus application tomorrow