+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone for Carleton Fall 2017?

narmis95

Mar 7, 2017
I have applied for MEng ECE at Carleton

Applied date- 15 Jan

Yesterday morning the status was "recommended for assessment"
Then yesterday night it changed to "Review in progress by department"

And I checked just now(morning) and it says "review in progress by faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affairs"

Is that a positive thing or just a normal procedure? Meaning by dept has approved the application and now graduate department is processing or just something else?

Feeling a lot of pressure right now, any help will be appreciated.

rfrs1992

Feb 15, 2017
narmis95 said:
And I checked just now(morning) and it says "review in progress by faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affairs"

Is that a positive thing or just a normal procedure? Meaning by dept has approved the application and now graduate department is processing or just something else?

Feeling a lot of pressure right now, any help will be appreciated.
you will receive their final decision today or tomorrow, good luck

narmis95

Mar 7, 2017
I have received the decision.

It was actually an ADMIT! :D

BTW you have any idea of MEng ECE at Carleton vs MApCompSc at Concordia?
I need to decide between the two.

Is MEng Electrical and Computer Engineering similar degree to Masters if Applied Computer Science?

rfrs1992

Feb 15, 2017
narmis95 said:

Is MEng Electrical and Computer Engineering similar degree to Masters if Applied Computer Science?
Congratulation :)

A MEng degree is different from a MASc, MASc is more focus in the investigation part, you will have to do a thesis project and you should pursue a MASc if you want a PHD in the future, if you want to work in a company and do not want to investigate you should do a MEng degree, usually in the MEng degree you have to do a final project or a co-op job

But it is hard to compare a degree in MEng ECE and a MASc in computer science in two different universities, my advise to you is to look three things to decide which program is more suitable for you:

The subjects in each program
The potential jobs you may find with each degree
MASc in Computer Science: https://ca.indeed.com/Computer-Science-jobs
Meng ECE https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=computer+electrical+engineer&l=
The life in the city of Ottawa vs Montreal

If you are planning to live in Canada after you graduate you should look which province is easier to apply for a permanent residence visa

watermelonasa5

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello. I have applied in MEng ECE (department of Systems and Computer Engineering) in Carleton for fall 2017.
Application date: 12 december, 2016 but i submitted my documents in January 2017.
My Application status has been "Review in Progress by Department" for more than a month. It was changed from "Preliminary Review Required" on around 10th February. I am eagerly waiting to get a reply from Carleton. :(

Can u tell me when i can expect to get a reply from them and how long did it take for the change of status from "Review in Progress by Department" to "Recommended for Assessment" in your case? Also can u tell me your educational background? Thanks in Advance. :)

rfrs1992

Feb 15, 2017
watermelonasa5 said:
Hello. I have applied in MEng ECE (department of Systems and Computer Engineering) in Carleton for fall 2017.
Application date: 12 december, 2016 but i submitted my documents in January 2017.
My Application status has been "Review in Progress by Department" for more than a month. It was changed from "Preliminary Review Required" on around 10th February. I am eagerly waiting to get a reply from Carleton. :(

Can u tell me when i can expect to get a reply from them and how long did it take for the change of status from "Review in Progress by Department" to "Recommended for Assessment" in your case? Also can u tell me your educational background? Thanks in Advance. :)
My application started at "Review in Progress by Department" in January and change to "Recommended for assessment" a couple of weeks after that, it stayed with that status for ever a months and change to "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" on March first and change to "Decision made by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs: Application Approved" on march third.

You can always email the graduate department and the ECE department to ask about your application and a estimate response time.

watermelonasa5

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
rfrs1992 said:
My application started at "Review in Progress by Department" in January and change to "Recommended for assessment" a couple of weeks after that, it stayed with that status for ever a months and change to "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" on March first and change to "Decision made by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs: Application Approved" on march third.

You can always email the graduate department and the ECE department to ask about your application and a estimate response time.
Thanks bro. My application status changed to 'Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Post Doctoral Affairs' today. Feeling a little bit tensed.

Mar 20, 2017
Hi ,

I got admit for fall intake at Carleton in ECE under Systems and Computer Engineering. Anyone who here who got admission for the same course? :D

pranav12

Apr 10, 2017
narmis95 said:

Could you please share yoir profile? I had applied on jan-15 but my application status is still review under progress by department

watermelonasa5

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello, I go admit in MEng ECE in Systems and Computer Eng department. Did anyone get unconditional offer letter yet? I sent my official transcript last week and they received it two days ago. But I still haven't got any revised offer letter or any email.

SAURABH.S

Apr 19, 2017
Hi,

I got provisional accetance at university of Ottawa Meng (Elect & Comp ) Fall 17. And I checked on the website Carleton
University run this course in collaboration with Ottawa. I have some questions is anyone there from ottawa? Please its urgent

Thank you,
Saurabh

Mar 20, 2017
watermelonasa5 said:
Hello, I go admit in MEng ECE in Systems and Computer Eng department. Did anyone get unconditional offer letter yet? I sent my official transcript last week and they received it two days ago. But I still haven't got any revised offer letter or any email.
Send a mail to department stating that you have sent the transcripts and it has been received by the concerned person. Also request them to process and send un conditional offer letter ASAP.

NisargShivali

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
narmis95 said:

Can you please share your profile?
Actually, I have also applied for same in Feb and status in preliminary review.

jammal10

May 16, 2017
can you tell me within how many days we need to accept the offer

sukanyav

May 16, 2017
Anyone applied TIM (Technology innovation management) program and got admission?... my application is still in Recommend for assesment status for nearly a month.