+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone else applying for TRV for family members in Gaza?

Shebeejay

Jan 17, 2024
I am looking to connect with other Canadians who have applied for the 1000 TRVs the government is saying they will issue for family members currently in Gaza. Has anyone else applied? I am interested in timelines, who is helping and whether your MPs office is getting involved. JazakAllah Khair in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am looking to connect with other Canadians who have applied for the 1000 TRVs the government is saying they will issue for family members currently in Gaza. Has anyone else applied? I am interested in timelines, who is helping and whether your MPs office is getting involved. JazakAllah Khair in advance.
Canada has minimal control over the situation. Once they select the 1000 people they will have to try and have Israel, Hamas and Egypt will need to allow people to leave. Don’t believe anyone has a guaranteed non-Canadians will be able to leave.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And your point is?
Nobody knows about timelines. It is fully out of Canada’s control. There isn’t even a guarantee that family members will be able to leave Gaza. All people can do is apply and wait and see what happens with their file.

Shebeejay

Jan 17, 2024
I wasn’t asking any one to use their expertise to know. I was asking for anyone else going through the same previously unnavigated process to connect to share experiences. Do you currently have family members including 9 children living in a tent in Rafah for the last 10 days without clean water? I don’t see what purpose you were trying to serve other than discouraging someone with very little hope in a desperate situation. Did you feel helpful? Did you feel wiser?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I wasn’t asking any one to use their expertise to know. I was asking for anyone else going through the same previously unnavigated process to connect to share experiences. Do you currently have family members including 9 children living in a tent in Rafah for the last 10 days without clean water? I don’t see what purpose you were trying to serve other than discouraging someone with very little hope in a desperate situation. Did you feel helpful? Did you feel wiser?
You need to chill out . Like chill out . This “ program “ just opened . How would anyone have an idea in regards to a timeline to a program that JUST opened up ? How would an MP have any idea , and how would they be able to help ? Jesus Christ , most MP have a hard time grasping issues currently happening in this country. Some people from Ukraine , also correct me if I’m wrong , in a war zone , are STILL waiting for a visa . You need a serious reality check thinking this program is going to suddenly get first priority, and bump everyone else waiting to get into this “ country “ .

https://montrealgazette.com/news/144-people-in-gaza-on-track-to-come-to-canada-immigration-department-says

Literally opened January 9th
Just nine days ago

Last edited:

Shebeejay

Jan 17, 2024
Again. I was in no way asking you for your input in my (original) post. Just looking to connect with other people who had applied (to sponsor their families who are currently in Gaza).

ETA:
But thank you for the link, it tells me there are a potential 143 other people who might reply with something useful. I’ll hold out for them. Bye

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Again. I was in no way asking you for your input in my (original) post. Just looking to connect with other people who had applied (to sponsor their families who are currently in Gaza).

ETA:
But thank you for the link, it tells me there are a potential 143 other people who might reply with something useful. I’ll hold out for them. Bye
Nobody will have any idea what will happen to the program because Canada doesn’t have full control of the program. IRCC also has made the requirements pretty secretive probably because they need to see who is applying. Many people have applied for large extended families while supporting all these people and housing them will be incredibly difficult for a sponsor. IRCC likely needs to assess how many people they think one sponsor will be able to support, whether one person can sponsor a certain number of people, whether certain family members will get priority, etc. Although you likely feel like this program is moving incredibly slow it is moving quite fast so many of the details have likely not been worked out yet. IRCC will also have to negotiate with Israel, Hamas and Egypt about who can possibly leave. Perhaps the elderly and infirm may be given passage more easily. Men between 15–65 may struggle to be let out of Gaza for example. Lots of moving parts and until things are more finalized I don’t think a lot of information will be available. Publicizing the program may also risk cooperation from the various groups so another reason there may not be a lot of information. The Canadian government also likely doesn’t want to give people the false impression that something is guaranteed until all parties have agreed to grant exit permission and visas.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nobody will have any idea what will happen to the program because Canada doesn’t have full control of the program. IRCC also has made the requirements pretty secretive probably because they need to see who is applying. Many people have applied for large extended families while supporting all these people and housing them will be incredibly difficult for a sponsor. IRCC likely needs to assess how many people they think one sponsor will be able to support, whether one person can sponsor a certain number of people, whether certain family members will get priority, etc. Although you likely feel like this program is moving incredibly slow it is moving quite fast so many of the details have likely not been worked out yet. IRCC will also have to negotiate with Israel, Hamas and Egypt about who can possibly leave. Perhaps the elderly and infirm may be given passage more easily. Men between 15–65 may struggle to be let out of Gaza for example. Lots of moving parts and until things are more finalized I don’t think a lot of information will be available.
The poster is just looking for someone who applied the program to connect with. There's nothing to do whether or not Canada has full control of the program.

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi there
I did help my family apply for family in gaza.
Submitted multiple aplications.
timeline was this
Webform 9th of jan around 3pm
Codes received 13th of jan
Got further requests from 13-23jan
Since then its silence
Even people that are above or under age for biometrics or other reqs didn't get any updates

fran11

Feb 19, 2024
Hi
I am a student journalist and I am writing an article on how Canada is only accepting 1,000 people from Gaza compared to other conflicts like Ukraine and Syria. Would you be interested in speaking with me about how the process is going with your family? I would greatly appreciate even a few words.

Please let me know if you have any questions about who I am or the article. I'm not sure how to have a more secure conversation but we can figure that out.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I am a student journalist and I am writing an article on how Canada is only accepting 1,000 people from Gaza compared to other conflicts like Ukraine and Syria. Would you be interested in speaking with me about how the process is going with your family? I would greatly appreciate even a few words.

Please let me know if you have any questions about who I am or the article. I'm not sure how to have a more secure conversation but we can figure that out.

Thank you
To be fair the situations are quite different. The Syrians had already left Syria and many were already registered with UNHCR and nobody was preventing Ukrainians from leaving except certain men. In this case the major stumbling block is the ability for people to leave Gaza. There isn’t even a firm limit of 1000 because I believe many more were allowed to apply but realistically Israel, Hamas and Egypt were unlikely to approve anyone leaving but especially a large number. The starting number of 1000 may have been a low enough number that Canada felt they could realistically get the list approved. This may have been a tactic for Canadian government. Thought the elderly or sick may have had a small chance but Hamas, Egypt and Israel don’t want people leave Gaza for their own reasons. The Canadian government may want to appear to be doing more than other counties while knowing based on negotiations to get citizens and PRs out of Gaza that it would be impossible to get extended family out of Gaza.

Last edited:

K7moda

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi all
Just anted to give some updates.
Visas for gazans who evacuated to egypt prior to applying through the gaza visa program were automatically processed under a special humanitarian program if they applied and got code through the gaza program.
I am happy to report that some of my family (around 5) were granted the visa recently.
Regarding the evacuation, through some sources w were informed that rhe canadian government is unable to evacuate any extended family and is now encouraging people if and when able to exit through the extraordinary routes of paying for permission to exit.
Regarding the codes, it seems the government started issuing more codes recently on a weekly basis, which is also good news.
Good luck to everyone.