+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone commuting between NY and Toronto/Montreal ?

sivasatish007

Apr 8, 2017
Hi,
I am a Canadian PR working in long island NY
I want to travel to Canada on weekends.

Is there anyone commuting between NY and Toronto/Montreal ?

Please share your experience.

Appreciate your help.

Thank You.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi,
I am a Canadian PR working in long island NY
I want to travel to Canada on weekends.

Is there anyone commuting between NY and Toronto/Montreal ?

Please share your experience.

Appreciate your help.

Thank You.
That's a 9 hours drive one way...or you fly? ($$$$)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Going from Long Isalnd to Toronto is a very long commute. are you trying to remain compliant with your RO? Only way to attempt would be to fly Friday night and arrive in Canada before midnight and leave Sunday night. Or else enter Canada on Saturday and leave Canada on Monday morning. You would move to Canada very close to your landing date.

sivasatish007

Apr 8, 2017
Hi All,
Thanks for responding.

I stay/work 30-40 mins from both JFK/LGA. I am planning to fly. I have an option to expense travel. But, with in acceptable limits.
I am also checking with the vendor for any corporate travel discounts.

@foodie69 I am planning to fly. Thursday night to Canada and Monday morning to NY. @canuck78 My travel plan should give me around 5 days a week towards RO excluding holidays and WFH days.

@APPNOV2014NY Glad to know. Thanks for the info. I will PM him. Appreciate it.

sivasatish007

Apr 8, 2017
Going from Long Isalnd to Toronto is a very long commute. are you trying to remain compliant with your RO? Only way to attempt would be to fly Friday night and arrive in Canada before midnight and leave Sunday night. Or else enter Canada on Saturday and leave Canada on Monday morning. You would move to Canada very close to your landing date.
I already landed. Lived in Canada and worked in our Canada offices for 6 months and back in NY now. WFH no longer is a valid option because of current work. So, trying to commute.