+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone can answer me in details please (Dear Sir PMM).

canadapak

May 29, 2010
Hello dear forum members.
I will be greatful to you if some one can tell me with details for the first landing.actuly brothers I dont have friend or relative in Canada, who can guide me, but having this forum a precious relationship with all forum members so thats why I am asking you people for help.
so here is my situation.
we are four family members( me,wife and two kids under 3years). so my plans are to land first and my family will follow me after 2 months.
so please tell me now
1)how much money should i take with me atleast for all family members.
how much amount that i need and what would be the way to take that money in cash or dd or travel check. etc which would be easy and create no problems at airport etc.
2) what are the documents I need to take with me,
3) what kind of forms I need to take with me prefilled.
4) as I will show immigration counter that I have following things with me.
here I am much confused that what is the mean by goods to follow list. is it mean that the things which my wife is bringing after two months like gold jewlery etc.
5) plz tell me the abbrivations of POE,COPR etc all the terms used in landing procedures.
I would be great help for answering me wiht details.
Thanking you in advance
Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canadapak said:
Hello dear forum members.
I will be greatful to you if some one can tell me with details for the first landing.actuly brothers I dont have friend or relative in Canada, who can guide me, but having this forum a precious relationship with all forum members so thats why I am asking you people for help.
so here is my situation.
we are four family members( me,wife and two kids under 3years). so my plans are to land first and my family will follow me after 2 months.
so please tell me now
1)how much money should i take with me atleast for all family members.
how much amount that i need and what would be the way to take that money in cash or dd or travel check. etc which would be easy and create no problems at airport etc.
2) what are the documents I need to take with me,
3) what kind of forms I need to take with me prefilled.
4) as I will show immigration counter that I have following things with me.
here I am much confused that what is the mean by goods to follow list. is it mean that the things which my wife is bringing after two months like gold jewlery etc.
5) plz tell me the abbrivations of POE,COPR etc all the terms used in landing procedures.
I would be great help for answering me wiht details.
Thanking you in advance
Regards
1. You need proof of funds for a family of four. $20,599 A little cash, some travellers cheques, note that DDs take 30 days to clear with a Canadian bank. You may want to explore setting up a Canadian bank account in your home country, contact HSBC or RBC.
2. Your passport with COPR and proof of funds and address in Canada for your PR card.
3. Your goods to follow and goods accompanying lists. This are the list of things you are carrying and things that you will ship later. The forms are here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/menu-eng.html You need 2 copies of the B4 and B4a which is the continuation. Your wife can have her jewelry in her goods accompanying list when she arrives. She should have pictures and evaluation if they are valuable.
4. As you will be carrying over $10K you must report it to Customs on arrival, there is no tax, but it must be reported.
5. Port of Entry (POE) Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR)

canadapak

May 29, 2010
Thanx alot Dear Sir PMM.
I am much greatful for you answer.
I understand the landing procedure.
But here I would like to clear some thing more please.
those are
I have to take the amount for four persons, ok but This money have to be divided between me and my wife,means half of it I have to take and rest with my wife or I can take all money with me and my wife can come with some money just for travel use?
2ndly in my case I will take important things with me only, as there is nothing whihc is coming later. So in that case Do i need to fill B4a form?
the things which my wife is bringing like jewelry etc, those things come in the category of B4a for me or my wife would have her on b4 and b4a.

Regards.