fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I just called in for an interview with my VO. Hanged 3 months following "In Process"
Will appreciate if anyone faced the interview in last couple of months kindly can find time to share in this thread.
It will help someone like who are waiting for interview to prepare mentally, strategically and also with need for collecting resources......
I know Mike has earlier made a thread on Preparing for interview...... which has been pretty resourceful too but though still has some room to share some recent experiences through networking......

Please wish me luck.... as rejection (decision made) following interview has recently been raising an issue...........................

prsh_patel

Feb 9, 2010
Vadodara
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
30-03-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
3rd Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-07-2010
Med's Done....
13-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2010
LANDED..........
Jan 2011
Hi Fariza, below thread contains almost all the questions that Visa Officer may ask you...you might have gone through it, if not, then it will be useful for you,

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/prepare-an-interview-t3109.0.html

Wolfman567

Oct 28, 2009
New-Delhi (India)
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello fariza ,

Did they tell you to bring something? some document?.. They need you alone or with your spouse?

Please share

Wolfy

B

belize

hi fariza,

did they sent you medicals or just interview without medicals?? pls share and check your inbox for messages. thanks.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thnx Prsh_patel
I did visit the thread. That was pretty useful. Still knocking with hope if someone has more to share...
Thnx for ur advise anyway
Cheers

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
fariza said:
Hi
I just called in for an interview with my VO. Hanged 3 months following "In Process"
Will appreciate if anyone faced the interview in last couple of months kindly can find time to share in this thread.
It will help someone like who are waiting for interview to prepare mentally, strategically and also with need for collecting resources......
I know Mike has earlier made a thread on Preparing for interview...... which has been pretty resourceful too but though still has some room to share some recent experiences through networking......

Please wish me luck.... as rejection (decision made) following interview has recently been raising an issue...........................
hi
Normally this is quality assurance interview and applicants r selected for this interview randomly so no need to worry.
I had my interview in march in UAE but the questions in interview were very simple and staraight, They wil ask u about ur current job, ur education, u should remember subjects which u have studied in ur last degree course etc.
Just relax and attend interview, u wil get through
Thnx

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes wolfman
I got certain specific advise to bring along... Not sure whether its generic (common for everyone) or case specific
I am pasting some of them as below

Applicants applying in the Skilled must bring the following original documents
(documents not in English or French must be accompanied by an official translation, if a translation has not already been provided to our office) to the interview:

• Updated Schedule 1 for your self and all accompanying dependents over the age of 18 years (note: in Questions 11 & 15 you must provide all
information since age 18)
• Current proof of funds available for transfer to Canada (note that stock certificates must be accompanied by official current value statements if you
wish them to be considered as part of your available funds);
• Valid passports for all accompanying family members;
• Updated employment experience: original employment reference letters, confirmation of current/ recent employment, contracts or changes to your
professional experience in a skill level O, A or B occupation.
• Diplomas, certificates and transcripts of studies;
• Samples of your work that demonstrate your ability and experience in your intended occupation (wherever practical);

No not my spouse or dependent child were advised to attend the interview

Just looking for the advise of seniors how to prepare for the docs to satisfy VO... Comments and advise are welcome...

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Belize
I haven't got my medical request yet (Pl see my profile inf).... The interview preceding that....if everything goes ok for the interview!!!
Will send you back PM

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
fariza said:
Yes wolfman
I got certain specific advise to bring along... Not sure whether its generic (common for everyone) or case specific
I am pasting some of them as below

Applicants applying in the Skilled must bring the following original documents
(documents not in English or French must be accompanied by an official translation, if a translation has not already been provided to our office) to the interview:

• Updated Schedule 1 for your self and all accompanying dependents over the age of 18 years (note: in Questions 11 & 15 you must provide all
information since age 18)
• Current proof of funds available for transfer to Canada (note that stock certificates must be accompanied by official current value statements if you
wish them to be considered as part of your available funds);
• Valid passports for all accompanying family members;
• Updated employment experience: original employment reference letters, confirmation of current/ recent employment, contracts or changes to your
professional experience in a skill level O, A or B occupation.
• Diplomas, certificates and transcripts of studies;
• Samples of your work that demonstrate your ability and experience in your intended occupation (wherever practical);

No not my spouse or dependent child were advised to attend the interview

Just looking for the advise of seniors how to prepare for the docs to satisfy VO... Comments and advise are welcome...
Yes same docs they asked to every one
Me too were asked same docs to bring
Get these docs and atten interview
u wil feel very relax after interview
Thanx

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thnx Ather
I knw it might be routine or may be case generated requirement.... But certainly some tension embraces you unless you are through!!!
So please keep wishing luck

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

Don't Worry...

See the recent case who got the visa after Interview, ask them your query.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-the-visa-after-the-interview-t42021.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/interview-called-after-passport-request-t41911.0.html;msg291158#msg291158

Good Luck

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
fariza said:
Thnx Ather
I knw it might be routine or may be case generated requirement.... But certainly some tension embraces you unless you are through!!!
So please keep wishing luck
Wish very good luck
U will get through
Inshallah

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Farida,

Here's my experience. Hope it helps you.

Best of luck.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/accra-interviewhow-it-turned-out-t42153.0.html;msg292815#msg292815

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Darkside. Thanx for sharing
That was something very unusual... at the interview.... They might cross check your qualification but its not a true test of memory to have memorized all courses at graduation level!! Anyway I think all will go well finally as you know and believe on urself.
All the very best

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I have heard that Interviews are conducted on randomly chosen applicants.
And interviews are relatively easier, just straight forward questions.