+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone asked to provide Travel History "IMM5562E" document after eAOR?

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I just got a notification from CIC asking to upload "IMM5562E", Proof of Travel history form. Did anyone else get it?
And also when I click the information beside the placeholder of this requested document I see the following information
"

You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States as well as previous travel history. This can include copies of

your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
entry and exit stamps
study and/or work permits that indicate your duration outside of your country
expired or valid visas
boarding passes

If you hold a valid visa from the United States, provide a clear, scanned copy of your visa. If you are living outside your country of citizenship, please submit a copy of your immigration status document for the country where you currently reside. This could be a work permit, study permit, visa, or any other document that authorizes you to be in the country where you are living.
"

So, I am not sure if I have to add my travel documents merged with the form as there is only one place to upload the newly requested information.

Thanks.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
renesa05 said:
Hi,

I just got a notification from CIC asking to upload "IMM5562E", Proof of Travel history form. Did anyone else get it?
And also when I click the information beside the placeholder of this requested document I see the following information
"

You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States as well as previous travel history. This can include copies of

your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
entry and exit stamps
expired or valid visas
boarding passes

If you hold a valid visa from the United States, provide a clear, scanned copy of your visa. If you are living outside your country of citizenship, please submit a copy of your immigration status document for the country where you currently reside. This could be a work permit, study permit, visa, or any other document that authorizes you to be in the country where you are living.
"

So, I am not sure if I have to add my travel documents merged with the form as there is only one place to upload the newly requested information.

Thanks.
its quite a common request.

take scans of EACH and everything they have asked for, merge them into a single file and then upload it... if required add an cover letter LOE also explaining docs you have attached.

its good news if you ask me - shows they are working on your application and hopefully PR should be coming soon.

can you share your application details ? like which stream, date applied, visa office etc...

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
its quite a common request.

take scans of EACH and everything they have asked for, merge them into a single file and then upload it... if required add an cover letter LOE also explaining docs you have attached.

its good news if you ask me - shows they are working on your application and hopefully PR should be coming soon.

can you share your application details ? like which stream, date applied, visa office etc...
Thanks for the reply. My application details are as following

eAOR: 24th March
Stream: CEC Inland
Visa Office: I am not sure. I never inquired about it.

miuonpak

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 21, 2017
renesa05 said:
Hi,

"

entry and exit stamps
expired or valid visas
boarding passes

"

Thanks.

I was asked to provide IMM5562 too, but not the visa thing.

Check the request letter in your inbox. I think you only need to follow the instructions mentioned in this letter. The placebolder gives very general instructions that don't apply to all cases. My placeholder said "letter of explanation" even tho the visa officer wanted Travel History. I just uploaded IMM5562 there and my application was approved. You can see how unreliable the descriptions on upload page are. As long as visa officer gets what he/she asked for , you're good. However if you want to play safe, you can upload all the visas and stamps along with travel history. It doesn't hurt to do so :)

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miuonpak said:
I was asked to provide IMM5562 too, but not the visa thing.

Check the request letter in your inbox. I think you only need to follow the instructions mentioned in this letter. The placebolder gives very general instructions that don't apply to all cases. My placeholder said "letter of explanation" even tho the visa officer wanted Travel History. I just uploaded IMM5562 there and my application was approved. You can see how unreliable the descriptions on upload page are. As long as visa officer gets what he/she asked for , you're good. However if you want to play safe, you can upload all the visas and stamps along with travel history. It doesn't hurt to do so :)
Thanks so much miuonpak. May I know how long did it take for you to get the PPR after you submit this document?

miuonpak

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 21, 2017
renesa05 said:
Thanks so much miuonpak. May I know how long did it take for you to get the PPR after you submit this document?
Np. I got PPR two weeks after I submitted travel

Reactions: theresa777

swapnil1984

Mar 6, 2017
Hello everyone,

I got the same enquiry to submit Form IMM5562E. The only thing that is written on the letter is the following in exact words:

"Travel History Info Form: Please use the following link to provide details of your travel history, include day, month, year as well as duration of time."
(The link takes you to download IMM5562E form)

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by May 18, 2017.

I also checked on the information "i" icon next to additional documents as well as where it asks you to upload and it just mentions some general guidelines, nothing specific to my application.

Can you guys please tell me if this is good or bad thing ? If I already filled this information in the profile, why are they asking for this form ?

Regards,

wyzdr

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
I was asked exactly the same thing, I was wondering the same, since I already filled the online form before submit. But I can guess for those guys travelling a lot, they need a PDF file to analyze and archive. They may also ask for PCC from certain country you stay for an extended period of time but a little short from 6 months.

But nothing happened since they asked for the form mid-May, I guess it's because no one touched my file afterwards.

navrajan88

Jul 22, 2017
I was asked exactly the same thing, I was wondering the same, since I already filled the online form before submit. But I can guess for those guys travelling a lot, they need a PDF file to analyze and archive. They may also ask for PCC from certain country you stay for an extended period of time but a little short from 6 months.

But nothing happened since they asked for the form mid-May, I guess it's because no one touched my file afterwards.
Hmm, try ordering GCMS notes, may be that would trigger your application to go forward.
In my case my travel history is 142 days to USA which is under 6 months and hence no PCC is required as they had explicitly mentioned in the message which they sent me for ADR that any stay more than 6 months in a specific country would require PCC. Hope the application goes through.

wyzdr

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hmm, try ordering GCMS notes, may be that would trigger your application to go forward.
In my case my travel history is 142 days to USA which is under 6 months and hence no PCC is required as they had explicitly mentioned in the message which they sent me for ADR that any stay more than 6 months in a specific country would require PCC. Hope the application goes through.
Thanks, I already ordered notes. Yes it is explicitly mandated that stays over 6 months shall be covered with PCC. But check this forum there are cases when stays just short from 6 months also triggered VO's request for PCC. That's why I'm suspicious they may want to do the same to me, so I immediately asked my friend to help issue another country's PCC, but no news from CIC afterwards.

In your case, I'm glad to know you are not required for PCC in the USA.

navrajan88

Jul 22, 2017
Thanks, I already ordered notes. Yes it is explicitly mandated that stays over 6 months shall be covered with PCC. But check this forum there are cases when stays just short from 6 months also triggered VO's request for PCC. That's why I'm suspicious they may want to do the same to me, so I immediately asked my friend to help issue another country's PCC, but no news from CIC afterwards.

In your case, I'm glad to know you are not required for PCC in the USA.
ok, after uploading the LOE with imm5562e form my background check has now changed to not applicable. It was earlier application in progress, we will let you know once we start the background check. What is your background check status after uploading the imm5562e form?

wyzdr

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
ok, after uploading the LOE with imm5562e form my background check has now changed to not applicable. It was earlier application in progress, we will let you know once we start the background check. What is your background check status after uploading the imm5562e form?
It's all the same, man, I can assure you.

Vikram6390

Jul 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

I got the same enquiry to submit Form IMM5562E. The only thing that is written on the letter is the following in exact words:

"Travel History Info Form: Please use the following link to provide details of your travel history, include day, month, year as well as duration of time."
(The link takes you to download IMM5562E form)

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by May 18, 2017.

I also checked on the information "i" icon next to additional documents as well as where it asks you to upload and it just mentions some general guidelines, nothing specific to my application.

Can you guys please tell me if this is good or bad thing ? If I already filled this information in the profile, why are they asking for this form ?

Regards,
Hi me too got the same thing on same date . i applied under cec. Just wanted to know where is ur file right now?? On what point or got the ppr already?? Coz i am on back ground check.